What's The Worst That Could Happen? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's The Worst That Could Happen?

Seriously... What do you think could be the worst thing that could happen?

I personally think that not drafting a qb anywhere in this draft would be one of them.

We cant force the issue but we cant draft a Right Tackle with the first pick either.

Flores and staff are the next Philbin and staff

Grier missing on most of his picks and the coaching staff being incompetent would be the worst. The Dolphins could actually become what Cleveland once was, and it could be a very, very long time until there is a glimmer of real hope again.

Please don't even ask that question. @illscriptures I always enjoy reading your perspective on things … but asking what is the worst that could happen to the Dolphins is a very dangerous question! Nobody would have anticipated Ross botching recruitment of Harbaugh then foolishly extending Sparano's contract, nor Ireland asking a draft prospect if his mom was a ho, nor an OL coach doing drugs at work, nor making an OL player with a drug video the cornerstone of our offense, nor the Jonathan Martin psychodrama-meltdown with nuclear explosion of repercussions for years to come. We have defined dysfunction for too long now. Please don't tempt fate!

Last time we were in a position even remotely similar to this one was when we were 0-7 and Andrew Luck was the consensus top pick in the next draft. We had nothing to play for and we had the inside track to get the highest rated QB prospect of the decade. We then went on to win a meaningless 6 of our next 9, draft a QB that wasn't the answer, and waste more than half a decade attempting to patch and repatch a mediocre team that never had even two consecutive decent seasons, and never won a playoff game. That was pretty painful to me. So I'm with @circumstances here … I think the most damaging thing we could do is invest long-term in the wrong QB in 2019 simply because we're too impatient to wait for a good crop that is coming in 2020. We might not recover until we're closer to 2030 than 2020.

Worst thing that could happen is that I try to log in here and see that Finheaven doesn't exist anymore. As much as we all argue with each other from time to time, I really love this place and while I hate losing, being able to come here every day to talk about our team makes it better. I feel that I don't have to go thru all the losing alone. Here's to hoping that FINHEAVEN is always here!!
Post Of The Year candidate. On that note, I'd like to also add my thanks to the owner who spends his own money to keep this place going, and the team of monitors and administrators that make this such a wonderful escape for all of us.

THANK YOU for making Finheaven.com a warm and open community for us to debate, commiserate, and be irate at the shenanigans that our Miami Dolphins sometimes put us through. It is all better when we share it together here on Finheaven.

Please don't even ask that question. @illscriptures I always enjoy reading your perspective on things … but asking what is the worst that could happen to the Dolphins is a very dangerous question! Nobody would have anticipated Ross botching recruitment of Harbaugh then foolishly extending Sparano's contract, nor Ireland asking a draft prospect if his mom was a ho, nor an OL coach doing drugs at work, nor making an OL player with a drug video the cornerstone of our offense, nor the Jonathan Martin psychodrama-meltdown with nuclear explosion of repercussions for years to come. We have defined dysfunction for too long now. Please don't tempt fate!

Last time we were in a position even remotely similar to this one was when we were 0-7 and Andrew Luck was the consensus top pick in the next draft. We had nothing to play for and we had the inside track to get the highest rated QB prospect of the decade. We then went on to win a meaningless 6 of our next 9, draft a QB that wasn't the answer, and waste more than half a decade attempting to patch and repatch a mediocre team that never had even two consecutive decent seasons, and never won a playoff game. That was pretty painful to me. So I'm with @circumstances here … I think the most damaging thing we could do is invest long-term in the wrong QB in 2019 simply because we're too impatient to wait for a good crop that is coming in 2020. We might not recover until we're closer to 2030 than 2020.
This pretty much sums it up. I'd like to think that "worst" is behind us now.

hmmm us running the philly special with Minkah on offense taking the end around and throwing it to Ryan for a TD and the universe spontaneously combusting?

I agree 100% on the 2nd part. The consensus seems to be to wait yet we all know that if we leave the 2019 draft without Murray, Haskins, Lock or Jones many posters will implode and probably turn on Flores/Grier immediately. Rushing it would be much, much worse if they don't believe in any of those guys.

Worst thing that could happen is that Grier continues our run of awful front office people who can't scout, acquire talent (via Free agency or the draft) and continues our decade plus of mediocrity by doing just enough.

Back
Top Bottom