Whats this mean for Mcmichael | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats this mean for Mcmichael

It means nothing. He is an NFL Europe player. He will be lucky to make the team as a backup.

This guy's probably practice fodder. He'd be, what, 6th on the TE depth chart right now? It means nothing for McMike, don't sweat it.

Since Rader started at UGA, I wonder if he and McMike know each other.

Other thing, Marshall is a passing team Rader mush have decent-to-good hands.

Doesn't mean a damn thing to Mcmichael. Means he can look even better in mini camps.

it might mean, someone is looking for a tight end next season. Randy McMichael , with the new contract Heap signed, might be tooooo expensive to sign after this year.

t47c said:
it might mean, someone is looking for a tight end next season. Randy McMichael , with the new contract Heap signed, might be tooooo expensive to sign after this year.

McMichael is one of the Top TE's in the league. A rare commodity and one used extensively in Linehan's system. We're talking about a YOUNG ELITE skill player in a lesser paid position. This is not Surtain Part 2. Randy will get his bling bling.

I hope you are right!! don't get me wrong i love Randy.. Just sounding off. Don't know how saban will approach cap versus team needs.

t47c said:
I hope you are right!! don't get me wrong i love Randy.. Just sounding off. Don't know how saban will approach cap versus team needs.

NP, didn't intend on making you out to be a homer. Just saying, McMike is a rare talent. While Heap's extension was a landmark deal for TE's, McMike will probably get something "in the neighborhood" but not nearly as hefty.

Heap's getting $30M over 6 years with $11M signing bonus. While McMike is of nearly the same caliber, our offense does not focus nearly as much on him as Baltimore's does Heap. I'd expect something in the neighborhood of $8M signing bonus and $20M over 4/5 years.

But, I'm just another armchair GM. What do I know? :rofl3:

it means another guy to carry his crap off the field after practice.

If Randy could catch consistently, I'd be more concerned. Do we still have Lee? If so, he makes too many mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom