What's up Saban's sleeve? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's up Saban's sleeve?

West-Fin_Fan

Regular Browser
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out why, after adding R. Brown and K. Harris to an already deep rb chart, is Saban still entertaining Ricky? It must be for trade purposes, he can't really be thinking "keep Ricky".:confused:

Damn man what is that -- a 400-pound catfish?

Did you catch that fish and if yes, where? That fish is a beast. I live in SC and people catch 40 to 60 lb cathfish quite easy at Santee.

MiamiDolfans said:
Not Jamar... he could be our future at FB. He is a very talented blocker, and he is young.

You would think so but I dont know if he would fit in with Linehan's scheme which doesnt use the FB very much.

Crunch... you are right. Jamar is a legit two back fullback... we won't carry him if we have Heath Evans as a legit fullback whilst Ronnie and Sammy Morris can fill in if need be.

I find it interesting that whenever Saban mentions Ricky he mentions him having "value" to the team. To me that sounds like he plans to trade him.

West-Fin_Fan said:
I'm trying to figure out why, after adding R. Brown and K. Harris to an already deep rb chart, is Saban still entertaining Ricky? It must be for trade purposes, he can't really be thinking "keep Ricky".:confused:

Here's one possibility...

If RW returns, in all likelyhood, it won't be until after the 4th game. This assumes he has worked out all the IFs involved in him returning at all, and he will have had time to regain the muscle mass he lost while on his sabatical (sp). He will have 3-5 games to work himself into playing shape with limited carries, as I am sure that Brown will be getting the bulk of carries. By the time he does get into playing shape again, Brown will be getting close to hitting the "rookie wall". By the 12th game or so, RW could have worked his way up to 50% of the carries, taking the load off of Brown and allowing him time to rejuvenate his body somewhat for the home stretch (and hopefully playoffs). If RW shows well in the second half of the season, he is primed to get us more in a potential trade after the end of the season...Any day one pick in the draft would be a steal for us under those circumstances for RW.

This is the BEST case scenario for the Fins involving RW return.

kingnate85 said:
I find it interesting that whenever Saban mentions Ricky he mentions him having "value" to the team. To me that sounds like he plans to trade him.

To me, that, by definition is "value" to the team....

LarryFinFan said:
To me, that, by definition is "value" to the team....

I agree entirely. I'd love for Miami to get some draft picks in return for Ricky. Particularly from a team that is going to do really bad next year.

IF ricky comes back wouldn't it be crazy if we ran Brown/Williams....wait Auburn did that and they went undefeated with a combo of Brown/Williams thats why we drafted brown he doesn't care about carries if RW comes back hahahahaha whos going to want to tackle Ronnie and then the next play tackle a fresh RW???? its going to be crazy!!!

Back
Top Bottom