Whats up with JT??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats up with JT???

JJ777

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong Im psyched about the win but Im growing more and more concerned bout JT's play. Another game without a full sack and I hardly heard his name called out during the game. As far as I could tell he wasnt being double teamed often. Something up with JT? Thank God Adawale has been stepping it up.

Yeah jason hasnt done too much, although last night they had him dropping back as a lb and different stuff. He really needs to bring his A game cuz without him putting up the sack numbers were goin to be in trouble

I agree. For the most part, he runs right up into his guy jacks him up and then just stands there. On the other hand, when he does get by he almost always gets held. He did have a couple pressures last night but none of the domination of last year...so far.

I think teams are putting more stunts on him to keep him out of the way and want the other players on the line to beat them, and it looks like its working.

JT will get his in due time, once teams realize there are other players on the team that can make big plays, he is going to get his 1 on 1 match ups.

well i think you guys underrate what jt did last night, he was double teamed a lot and wally responded big time from the other site, also that holding penalty took a sack away from him and he was constantly there to hurry bledsoe, he doesn´t has to put up a sack every game if he puts that kind of pressure on

Originally posted by JJ777
Dont get me wrong Im psyched about the win but Im growing more and more concerned bout JT's play. Another game without a full sack and I hardly heard his name called out during the game. As far as I could tell he wasnt being double teamed often. Something up with JT? Thank God Adawale has been stepping it up.

Actually, he got very close several times and one time had a clean sack coming when he was "held" or rather taken down by the left tackle. He played fine.

Yeah he actually played really well

He was held several times and they had him doing all kinda stunts that casued a lot of confusion. He helped collapse the pocket on several occasions, even got a flag in his favor casue he had a clear shot to the defender. I think teams are doing to him like what their doing with JF. .. We'll put 8 in the box and let JF beat us, likewise we'll double team JT and let one of the other DL get to us.... so really his presence alone is helping everyone else. And if they rest of the dl plays like this, they gonna have to make adjustments, so JT will get his due, maybe not 18.5 but he will get his.

Thing is I think JT is a team player, I dont think stats mean much to him, so if teams are going to stunt and double team against him and the rest of the team makes plays and we get the Win, then its all good.

Eventually they will have to account for everyone on that line and just not JT.

I really liked the way this defense played last night, I hope this is the start of something good to come all year round.

I was at the game. JT could have had possibly a couple sacks, he was an arm length a way a few times, Drew just stepped it up into the pocket (or scrambled). JT did his job. He took all the dbl teams and OGUN STEPPED IT UP!

Back
Top Bottom