What's Up With Minkah? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's Up With Minkah?

2019 Minkah will Have:

• Sophomore Slump

• All Pro year

• Injuries limits his play

• Just a guy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Minkah will be a perinial all-pro for many years with us. Not even slightly worried about him.
It will be hard for him to make just a pro bowl when no one will know what position he is playing. Swiss army knives rarely get any credit, and usually arent worth the 11th overall pick in the draft.

It will be hard for him to make just a pro bowl when no one will know what position he is playing. Swiss army knives rarely get any credit, and usually arent worth the 11th overall pick in the draft.

Lol wow imagine thinking Minkah wasn't worth the 11th pick. Sorry but we were extremely lucky this "Swiss army knife" actually fell to us.

There are a few parts of the team that worry me a bit...O-line, pass-rusher, consistent pass catching TE, but Minkah is far from one of them.

He'll play wildcard, line up at slot and play opponents tendencies to create turnover's. NE has almost always had a safety like guy that you never really know what he's going to do, *wildcard*. It will make QB's nervous ( why I'm casually in favor of pursuing Clowney for the right price) Now the have to ID the MLB read the D and try to figure our WTF #29 is doing. I think he shines this year, he's probably being asked to think a lot out there.

He rarely played FS in college. He's a nickel CB and a in the box playmaker.

That seems like very poor value at 11. In That case LVE or Derwin James should’ve been the pick as they are 3 down players an greater impact positions

Between All pro and JAG, I think he'll be closer to JAG. Players without a position rarely get much credit, not to mention all pro status.

Pure slot corners I believe get over 60% of the snaps nowadays. The nickel is the new base.

However, I hope they find a way to get him on the field every snap.

Bump this thread at seasons end. That kid is overflowing with talent and football smarts. You could put him on muscle relaxers and tie his shoelaces together and he's still going to succeed. He has nothing to prove in preseason game 1. Come regular season I guarantee you that you'll see dominant Minkah in true form.

Of course they should've been. Derwin and LVE are future DPOY recipients.

Derwin and Minkah kind of remind me of Dunta Robinson and Sean Taylor back in 2004. One had a solid floor and the other had no ceiling.

Tragically we know what happened to Taylor, but Taylor was an animal in the NFL in his short time while Robinson was steady eddie.

It looks like we unsurprisingly took Steady Eddie. I feel the same about their selection of Wilkins over Brian Burns this year.

Minkah is best suited in this new age Rover role. He needs to be in the middle of everything.

Some FS, some SS, some slot CB, some Boundary and yea even some LB.

So when this coaching staff has him doing something he is uncomfortable with or even struggles, it doesn't mean that will be the normal. They are gonna throw more reps at him and see how he handles it.

This kid is a stud.

I also wanted Derwin, because you can't teach the size/speed he adds and what it allows him to do . . . But there is a difference having Ingram/Bosa on the edge over Carradine/Harris. James is in a tremendous scenario, where Minkah is already the third best player on the team (X and Laremy).

Just relax.

Back
Top Bottom