What's Up With Minkah? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's Up With Minkah?

2019 Minkah will Have:

• Sophomore Slump

• All Pro year

• Injuries limits his play

• Just a guy

Results are only viewable after voting.
C'mon. Minka was just practicing his tanking.
Probably the last player I would worry about.

Between All pro and JAG, I think he'll be closer to JAG. Players without a position rarely get much credit, not to mention all pro status.
JAG and credit/status have nothing to do with one another.

Whether Minkah ever gets any credit at all, I believe he will be much closer to an All Pro than a JAG.

The last thing that would ever come to my mind watching Minkah's game is JAG.

I'm worried that Minkah is little overrated and overhyped with our fan base. I want to see a lot more. He was excellent at Alabama but last season he struggled to get his head around and left a lot of plays on the field and had quite a few PI penalties.
Absolutely correct about not getting his head around. I don't think a "chase" position is his forte. That's why i don't see him playing boundry corner.

His is, however, a very good "football player", and will excell at his "multiples" role.

I believe you could make FS (or SS for that matter) his sole position, and he would be a pro bowl talent. That might not be what's best for the team though. His ability to play multiple roles could be the glue that holds this scheme together.

Would that be so bad from a team standpoint?

Slimm explained the "head around" criticism. It's Saban's teachings and by design. Players get beat when they turn there heads too often. He explained it much better than I can and it made sense.

Respect Slimm, but this isn't college. If/when we are a playoff team, not getting his head around will draw yellow laundry agains a reputable reciever. Perhaps the void of a coaching staff failed to address it last year, but it is an issue until he shows otherwise.

Absolutely correct about not getting his head around. I don't think a "chase" position is his forte. That's why i don't see him playing boundry corner.

His is, however, a very good "football player", and will excell at his "multiples" role.

I believe you could make FS (or SS for that matter) his sole position, and he would be a pro bowl talent. That might not be what's best for the team though. His ability to play multiple roles could be the glue that holds this scheme together.

Would that be so bad from a team standpoint?
If he's disruptive and making plays, who cares what position he's in?

If he's disruptive and making plays, who cares what position he's in?
I totally agree, bit it seems that some posters prefer individual accolades to what's best for the team.

Personally, I think he is more of an asset by being versatile, in this defensive scheme. If we were fielding a lock down talent driven defense, like the Ravens, or Bucs of the past, it might be a different scenario, but that is not the design here.

Minkah at strong and Bobby mccain at free.

I don’t think you could ask for any less bang for your buck than that
I don't even understand Minkah at strong (other than a single play to confuse an offense). McCain at Free is a joke until proven otherwise.

Last we seen Jones he was in a walking boot, TJ McDonald out to that's why Fitzpatrick was filling in at SS and apparently his mother was saying that not his spot.

Last we seen Jones he was in a walking boot, TJ McDonald out to that's why Fitzpatrick was filling in at SS and apparently his mother was saying that not his spot.

Omar commented on something he has no clue about and someone (Minkah's mom) took offense and checked him.

Hope mom dukes was educated on who she responded to and not worry about it.

There was another player who was in position often early in his career but didn't get his head around. Until he did...

He is the highest paid corner in the league now and our best player!

Back
Top Bottom