Whats up with Rickys Jerseys | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats up with Rickys Jerseys

deathdisco

Tyranny for you
Reaction score
Why does rebock sell a R. Williams and a Williams jersey, that is freaking annoying, in game I see he has R. Williams and when go to the miami dolphins proshop, the Authentic has Williams.

So which one is it?

I know its stupid, but If Im going to shell out $260 on an Authentic Jersey I want to make sure the name on the back is correct =P

My Authentic jersey says R. Williams.

Be mindful of knockoffs...they are out there!

I bought an authentic Nike off ebay. I'm happy with it. It only has Williams, but who cares. 1) RW will outlast Jay Williams on this team, and if anyone is getting the two confused they are retarded.

Hell if your so concerned with looking authentic why don't you go run around and get tackled in it so it has grass stains like the real thing?

Originally posted by InMyChambers

Hell if your so concerned with looking authentic why don't you go run around and get tackled in it so it has grass stains like the real thing?

Only if it was worn by Ricky during an actual game.
Why the F*ck would I buy a $200+ jersey to run around in and get messed up? Mine is the white one at that.

It just seems to me that you are a little pissed because your Nike Jersey is somewhat inferior now that Reebok has added the R. initial to theirs.
Maybe you can buy a "R" and sew it on yourself?
;)

If anything is "stupid" or "retarded" it's paying $200-$260 for a jersey or any other piece of merchandise form global bastards and corporate whores like Reebok and Nike. That is unless you're made of money, in which case, can I be your coporate whore?

The replicas are starting to come out with R.Williams, but I'd go out and get an authentic. He wears R..

Authentics are soooo nice. If you find some please let me know..I can't find any in my size and I believe all the RW ones are sold out.

You can borrow a reason from me if you like...

...I got a shirt customised with Ricky's no. just after he signed and before Jay signed. Hence no R. (the Aqua version I got in Miami had the R.) Both are replicas rather than authentic.

Knowledgable fans will see the flaw, particularly if the shade of aqua if significantly different in shirts from 2001-2002/3 but hey it's worth a try.

:D

The Nike ones off eBay are great. I picked up an authentic Chambers jersey last year for $80 and it's great! I've compared it to the authentic Reebok brand jerseys that the players actually wear and ther are some slight differences but, truth be told, the Nike jerseys actually look a littl bit better. The only negative to the Nike jersey is the fact that the stitching isn't quite as nice but it's not something anyone would ever notice unless they were holding one right next to the other.

Believe me when I say that once you get an authentic jersey you'll never wear the replica pieces of crap again; they just look downright fake in comparison.

Originally posted by InMyChambers
I bought an authentic Nike off ebay. I'm happy with it. It only has Williams, but who cares. 1) RW will outlast Jay Williams on this team, and if anyone is getting the two confused they are retarded.

Thats not the point, Im a collector, and I just want to make sure i have the real thing, and isnt reebok the official jersey manufacturer.

Originally posted by Superself

Only if it was worn by Ricky during an actual game.
Why the F*ck would I buy a $200+ jersey to run around in and get messed up? Mine is the white one at that.

It just seems to me that you are a little pissed because your Nike Jersey is somewhat inferior now that Reebok has added the R. initial to theirs.
Maybe you can buy a "R" and sew it on yourself?
;)

Heh what part of the bronx are you from?

If you're a collector and want the real thing then, yes, Reebok is the official manufacturer. In my case, I really only wanted that jersey for the sake of wearing it to watch the games, etc so it worked out perfectly for me. If I were to toss one in a frame for collectors purposes then I would certainly purchase the authentic article. Your best bet is to go to a reputable sports' memorabilia store and purchase the jersey from them. You might pay a bit more but you can be pretty sure you're going to get the genuine article in that case.

Back
Top Bottom