What's up with RW | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's up with RW

rhadaddy

Who's your daddy?
Reaction score
There's no doubt about it our line sucks. But to say a good running back can't make plays behind a sh!tty o-line is ridiculous. Look at LT performance today against Minnesota and look at Fred Taylor's beautiful run against Indy. Both SD and Jax o-lines suck, and the Vikes and Colts d-lines are good. Why is it that RW is getting tackled on the first hit. I saw FT get swamped in the backfield by Indy and he broke the first tackled and took it to the house. RW was in a similar position last week and couldn't avoid a measly arm tackle.

The offense is not working at all. I'm trying to be unbias to all of the plaers, but when you see Minor break a few long runs and Ricky can't seem to break out, you got to wonder, is it all the o-line's fault? If it is, then what happened to the saying that a great running back, makes a poor o-line look good.

He needs to start punishing tacklers again and not just get stuck upright behind our O-line. He should pull a Jamal Lewis and hit people first and make them actually wrap up.

I think the causes are threefold:

1) Bad line
2) Teams putting 8 and 9 in the box
3) Ricky trying too hard to hit a home run

Okay, now I have to admit I'm just echoing what I heard in the media this week. Who knows if it has any truth to it...

This week he ran harder, but he missed some holes. I think he got tunnel vision this week. Then again he only had 13 carries.

Last year teams looked like they didn't want to tackle him now it looks almost too easy.

I think he changed up from a

Punishing Runner

to a

Fanase(sp) Runner

i'll say this, the guy is not building up a head of steam with D-linemen breathing on him in the backfield. of course he's going to "dance". if he doesn't he wont make it out of this season alive.

i believe this is positively the single worst offensive line miami has fielded since i began following this team in the early '80s

I really think he is hiding an injury. Last week when they played the colts, I think Minor's 11yrd gain was the best offensive running play they had all day.

I love the guy, and think he is one of the most valuable members on the team "especially when we are inside the 5 yrd line and Wanny does not want to do some stupid a$$ playaction", but the way things are going, unless the defense interscepts it's probably the only way we will get in the red zone again this year... oh wait that happened last week too, than Griese f*ed that up and fumbled !!!!!!! :fire:

Originally posted by 54zach54
oh wait that happened last week too, than Griese f*ed that up and fumbled !!!!!!! :fire:
Yeah, he F'ed up.. not the OL. :sleep:

Don't you know? Our line was perfect until 'savior' Griese came out there. :rolleyes:

Now it's the worst in the league (which it probably is and has been the whole year)

Hopefully Jay gets back soon so we don't fall behind the Broncos for any type of salvage for this season.

4-2 vs 1-2 = 4-2 is a better player.

Who did we beat with "jay's" 4-2 record? Our last two losses were vs. the best two teams we have played all year.........but I guess that does not count!!! What did Jay do in those six games that made the dolphins win or outplay the opp.????? Is just taking the snaps from center enough to say he is the better Q.B? Jay did more than just take snaps but your reasoning is baseless!!! Honestly,and this cannot be disputed, This 6 game stretch is the WORST FOOTBALL JAY HAD PLAYED IN THE LAST 3 YEARS(which is saying something) Please someone try to deny this! Someone who does not B.G or J.F to start no matter what(what childish bs)

Back
Top Bottom