What's up with Surtain? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's up with Surtain?

JetsOwnYou

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm just curious about Surtain changing the pronunciation of his name. WTF is that all about?

That is the actual pronunciation of his name. He said the other day that it has been mispronounced for so long even his wife says it wrong. lol

Originally posted by JetsOwnYou
I'm just curious about Surtain changing the pronunciation of his name. WTF is that all about?

Pre-Madonna BS!
I think he wanted attention so that's how he got it!
Some of these Pro's are worse than 2 year old babies.

Re: Re: What's up with Surtain?

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Pre-Madonna BS!

Surtain mention the real pronounciation of his name during an interview he had with Suzy Kobler during his first year as a starter with the Fins. I guess he's getting tired of it, who wouldn't?

Re: Re: What's up with Surtain?

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Pre-Madonna BS!

Why? wouldn't you want your name correctly pronounced?

clear.gif

It's a French name, right? If so, (sur-TEN) is correct and we have been screwing it up all these years. Hmmm ...

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
It's a French name, right? If so, (sur-TEN) is correct and we have been screwing it up all these years. Hmmm ...

{singing} you say tomato I say tomahto :lol:

Names are pronounced the way the owner of the name says it should be pronounced not how you think it's pronounced. Nothing pre madonna about it. Is name is Surtain pronounced Sir-Tan. The announcers kept making a big deal about it. They're the immature ones imo.

Actually everyone has been pronouncing it wrong...

... he just decided to correct everyone now. That's the story I heard on 560 WQAM radio.

Oliver...

Originally posted by JetsOwnYou

you can call him surtain, shurtan,sirten, whatever just keep doing what he does and I bet anybody will call him whatever he wants.

Back
Top Bottom