What's with the New England Patriots? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's with the New England Patriots?

DuderinoN703

We? What the **** we?
Club Member
Reaction score
Signing half the league this offseason. Robert Gallery, Donte Stallworth, Brandon Lloyd, Anthony Gonzalez, Will Allen. I've actually heard of all these players

Lloyd's a great pickup. Will be there number 1 receiver straight off and adds more to the offense. The rest are more roster pickups and I'd would say either Stallworth or Gonzalez will be cut during camp.

Considering the problems they had in the secondary, I'm surprised they only picked up Allen,who is not a starter at this stage of his career.

Plus they have like 54 draft picks. I wonder how they're able to stay under the cap every year while changing the roster so much.

Most of the guys are on 1 year contracts and with the exception of Lloyd and possibly Gallery, are mostly depth/rotational players.

Fanene will replace Mike Wright's role on the defense and Gallery will fill in at left guard if Mankins isn't ready when the season starts.

Plus they have like 54 draft picks. I wonder how they're able to stay under the cap every year while changing the roster so much.

The Patriots have a QB who makes enough money that he can restructure his contract, make less the $1Million, and free up $7+million in cap space. :thanks:

Brady is coming to the end of his career and the Pats* are trying to load up for a last hurrah for him.I don't blame them because I would do the same.When Brady retires he takes their relevence with him and they know it.Belicheat is no genius....contrary to what the media might be promoting.

Brady is coming to the end of his career and the Pats* are trying to load up for a last hurrah for him.I don't blame them because I would do the same.When Brady retires he takes their relevence with him and they know it.Belicheat is no genius....contrary to what the media might be promoting.

This coming from a Jet fan who's team hasn't had any relevence in 42 years is comical. Brady is a once in a life time QB, no doubt, but something tells me B.B. will still be far and away a better coach than the fat loud mouth the Jets have. Then again after the Jets go 6-10 this year he may be gone.

This coming from a Jet fan who's team hasn't had any relevence in 42 years is comical. Brady is a once in a life time QB, no doubt, but something tells me B.B. will still be far and away a better coach than the fat loud mouth the Jets have. Then again after the Jets go 6-10 this year he may be gone.

Both of you are right.
The Jets were relevant only once in their history. BB can whip Rex while taking a cat nap. The hiring of Sparano, and the impending mediocrity will signal another regime change.
The Patriots will soon find out about life after Tommy. They will still be good, but not dominant with another QB. Mallet? The Pats have not won anything since 2007. I think the bloom is already off the rose.

Both of you are right.
The Jets were relevant only once in their history. BB can whip Rex while taking a cat nap. The hiring of Sparano, and the impending mediocrity will signal another regime change.
The Patriots will soon find out about life after Tommy. They will still be good, but not dominant with another QB. Mallet? The Pats have not won anything since 2007. I think the bloom is already off the rose.

Of course you do, and I'm sure you think the Phins are just about to turn the corner. :lol:

Of course you do, and I'm sure you think the Phins are just about to turn the corner. :lol:

It's really not Brady who's the issue with the Pats, it's really the defense and the lack of a running game. Belichick's good at disguising weaknesses on his team and exposing those of his opponents, but he might be reaching his limits. I think that NE has missed on a number of top picks in recent years, and they need to hit on more of them to continue to have success.

That said, there may be a new power rising in the AFCE. Buddy Nix is putting together a nice team in Buffalo, so don't underestimate them. The Bills went after Mario Williams and Mark Anderson for two reasons: the Bills went up 21-0 on the Pats when they were able to pressure Brady early in the season finale and the Gnats won the SB because they harassed Brady all game long. I think the reasoning at OBD is that if they can put together a D good enough to stop Brady, they'll be good enough to handle everybody else.

It's really not Brady who's the issue with the Pats, it's really the defense and the lack of a running game. Belichick's good at disguising weaknesses on his team and exposing those of his opponents, but he might be reaching his limits. I think that NE has missed on a number of top picks in recent years, and they need to hit on more of them to continue to have success.

That said, there may be a new power rising in the AFCE. Buddy Nix is putting together a nice team in Buffalo, so don't underestimate them. The Bills went after Mario Williams and Mark Anderson for two reasons: the Bills went up 21-0 on the Pats when they were able to pressure Brady early in the season finale and the Gnats won the SB because they harassed Brady all game long. I think the reasoning at OBD is that if they can put together a D good enough to stop Brady, they'll be good enough to handle everybody else.

It's a fair assessment but I wouldn’t count your chickens before they hatch. The Bills have just done the one thing that I feel dooms a team’s long term success by over paying by a mile to get players to come to buffalo. As good as Mario is, he simply isn’t worth what the Bills paid him, and Mark Anderson??? The Bills GM must be on crack, the Pat picked him off the scrap heap as a bust player for nothing because that's what he is, he's a role player and the Bills just paid him like he’s a legit full time player. I know Bills fans are excited right now, and good for them but don’t mistake filling a stadium with building a team. Here’s what you’re going to find out by the end of the year, that the Bills have overpaid so much to acquire and keep a few great players that they have little or no depth. Championship teams aren’t built on the backs of the of top 10 players on the team, they are built on the backs of bottom last 10 players on the team. Sorry to rain on you r parade but you will see this soon.

Back
Top Bottom