What's worse | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's worse

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Everybody knows about the Randy Moss incident and made a bigger deal out of it than what it really was. It was like the top story of the month. President Bush could have died and it still wouldn't have topped the Moss incident, which was very weak in my opinion. Many witnesses that saw the incident said it was very mild, and no INTENTIONAL harm committed. NOW, Sebastian Janikowski has been cited for his 2nd or 3rd offense for a DUI yesterday. Nothing will come of it and we won't hear about it a week from now, but we'll still hear about the Randy Moss story until next season. Also Janikowski has been cited for sexual assault previously and that story died after a couple of weeks. SO, my point is what's worse?? What Janikowski did, or what Moss did??

The difference is that Moss is very talented and plays with a chip on his shoulder, which many people don't like, SO, when he does something wrong big or petty, they have to bash him every which way, and never praise him for the great things he does OFF the field for his community for the kid he adopted out of the kindness of his heart, and the strides has has had to overcome in his short career.

People make mistakes, quotes of speeches after games and squirting a referee with water isn't that big of deal. He was wrong in what he did last week, but he didn't try to harm anybody intentionally. Look at Deltha O'neal on Monday Night, he physically touches(bumps hard) an official and is fined only $15,000 no suspension. How much was Randy's fine for squirting an official with water?? I believe it was more than that.

Moss's actions will recieve more notoriety b/c he is a higher profile player but I don't think that's the only difference. The problem Moss has is that he said he sometimes doesn't try. Then the game films show him not trying and how it hurts his team. This is the cardinal sin. Football people often forgive (rightly or wrongly) off-field or locker room transgressions b/c the player works hard (see terrel owens), but they won't forgive lack of effort. Did you see Dan Marino talk about Moss? He said he has seen Moss not even try for some passes and his disgust was obvious. The truth Moss doesn't respect authority, on the field or off. He doesn't respect his coaches, his teamates or officials (this is why the water bottle was a big deal). He doesn't respect the corporate sponsors. Now he ignores and injures a traffic control officer. With this attitude, few people respect him, few people will give him the benefit of the doubt and fewer people will stand up for him.

Originally posted by rafael
Moss's actions will recieve more notoriety b/c he is a higher profile player but I don't think that's the only difference. The problem Moss has is that he said he sometimes doesn't try. Then the game films show him not trying and how it hurts his team. This is the cardinal sin. Football people often forgive (rightly or wrongly) off-field or locker room transgressions b/c the player works hard (see terrel owens), but they won't forgive lack of effort. Did you see Dan Marino talk about Moss? He said he has seen Moss not even try for some passes and his disgust was obvious. The truth Moss doesn't respect authority, on the field or off. He doesn't respect his coaches, his teamates or officials (this is why the water bottle was a big deal). He doesn't respect the corporate sponsors. Now he ignores and injures a traffic control officer. With this attitude, few people respect him, few people will give him the benefit of the doubt and fewer people will stand up for him.

But think about what your saying. THE ONLY REASON people looked at film to see if Moss tried was because he made such a comment. If that comment wasn't made nobody would know and film wouldn't be looked at. If you were to look at every film of every player at the WR position you would see the same result with a lot of players, I guarantee it. He made a comment, words, a quote and people for once, took what he said seriously and blew it up.

If one person does something wrong, it's wrong. But just because someone else does something wrong does not mean you must stop looking at the first person.

I could care less about Jani-boy. He's an idiot. Moss is a piece of human trash that needs to be cut and sent home. The statement of "no intentional harm".....gee. That means its ok to drive along with some person on top of your car, just as long as you don't mean to hurt them. Sorry, that doesn't drive in my book.

His job is to play football, whether he's got talent or not. He hasn't been doing that. Where the rest of the world comes from, that means you get fired. He can try and blame everyone else because he's a fool, I still don't buy it. Call a spade a spade and a pot a pot. Actions, not words, will change people's opinion of him.

Originally posted by IceStorm
If one person does something wrong, it's wrong. But just because someone else does something wrong does not mean you must stop looking at the first person.

I could care less about Jani-boy. He's an idiot. Moss is a piece of human trash that needs to be cut and sent home. The statement of "no intentional harm".....gee. That means its ok to drive along with some person on top of your car, just as long as you don't mean to hurt them. Sorry, that doesn't drive in my book.

His job is to play football, whether he's got talent or not. He hasn't been doing that. Where the rest of the world comes from, that means you get fired. He can try and blame everyone else because he's a fool, I still don't buy it. Call a spade a spade and a pot a pot. Actions, not words, will change people's opinion of him.

My point is that people make a bigger deal out of Moss situtation than they would say some thrid string practice player. You think Moss is a piece of **** because you read into the crap written about him, mosy of which you have no idea if it's true or not. About Moss driving with that lady on top of his car, whta the hell was she doing on top of it?? Who does she think she is TJ Hooker, or Don Johnson?? She's not even a real cop. By no means am i say what he did was right at all, BUT people made a bigger deal out of it than what it really was .

Moss is the main guy in Minnesota thats why they make a bigger deal about it....

Janikowski is just a kicker....

But I think what Janikowski has done is worse....of course none really bother me.

P.S. If Janikoeskwi serves time I hope its around the time we play the Raiders

My personal opinion is that Randy Moss has just loads of talent, but he is a guy who doesn't do what is nessecary to lead his team. Leaders(which is what Randy is supposed to be at this point) don't do things like squirt officials, or run over police officers. They don't allow people who smoke pot to borrow their cars. (sorry Jaydog)

When you have your QB throwing you a ball...and you half heartedly attempt to toss one hand up for it, and it gets picked off...that is crap.

Being a HIGHLY paid player in the NFL comes with responsibility, and Randy Moss has not lived up to his responsibility.

I was talking about leaders...Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, Emmitt Smith, Zach Thomas...all these guys lead by example. What kind of leader is Moss?

Originally posted by chambers84
You think Moss is a piece of **** because you read into the crap written about him, mosy of which you have no idea if it's true or not.

Not totally true, Moss has proven that he cannot handle any type of pressure and is presently failing to become a leader as he said he was going to do. I think he's useless because of his actions and words, not what someone else says about him.

About Moss driving with that lady on top of his car, whta the hell was she doing on top of it?? Who does she think she is TJ Hooker, or Don Johnson?? She's not even a real cop.

I don't think it really matters who she thought she was, he still drove (and continued to drive) with her on his car, instead of acting like a normal human being, and didn't stop. Intention, at this point, gives little excuse to continue on driving.

By no means am i say what he did was right at all, BUT people made a bigger deal out of it than what it really was .

I agree with you on this completely! People made a big deal about this. But this was only one of many other issues he has. And all his problems are coming out on top of the previous one, all at the same time. He doesn't try on the field, gets into an argument with the QB, etc. Thats on the news that day. Then at night he tries to drive over someone. All in the same week.
So I can see why he's more of a bigger story at the moment. In time he'll become a non-issue. Probably during playoff when he's at home. :lol:

Excuse me, but you, myself, or almost any other sane individual who WASN'T convinced that they were the second coming of Jesus Christ would NOT have attempted to push a trafffic cop/meter maid out of the way with OUR CARS!! I don't care if he MEANT to hurt her or not. All it would have taken was for his foot to slip on the accelerator and she would have been DEAD! And it's a bigger deal because most teams don't CARE if their 3rd string player takes a few plays off. They DO care when they make a guy the highest paid player in the game and he takes a few plays off. Moss is a punk, and a cancer, and I thank God that Jimmy Johnson didn't pick him. Jimmy made a ton of mistakes, but that one wasn't one of them. Honestly, the best thing that could ever happen to Moss would be if he pissed Culpepper off badly enough that Daunte beat the crap out of him. <aybe it would get him to realize that he's a normal, talented individual who DOES have to play by the same rules the rest of us do.

I live about 14 miles from The Oakland facilities and about 10 from where he was arrested. The attitude every time Sea-bass does something wrong seems to be one , of ignore it and go away. It could possibly be because he is a kicker or that local media doesn't want to portray its local players as bad people. But in all seriousness this could lead to deportation for the fat pollock. He has had many instaces and is on probabtion since his Florida State days.

:monkey: Sebastion Janikowski

That's my point. He's a kicker so nobody cares. He's done nothing in the NFL. Moss on the other hand broke several Receiving records his Rookie year and quickly became a star with a chip on his shoulder, so people have to scrutinize him when he does wrong.

well I thik that comes with the territory though Chambers. If I went out and killed a guy it would get less press then if say...George Bush did. That is just the nature of the beast. In fact, to prove your point about Sebastion doing worse, if I killed 10 people and George Bush knocked off a liquor store, Bush would still get more press as it makes for a more sensational story and ultimately makes more money for writers, editors, sportscasters and more. So if you want to break it down further. A Randy Moss story brings in more money than a Janikowski story.

The only way this changes is if Sebastion had actually hit someone while drivng drunk, then Seabass would be getting more press all be it for a more dubious reason...

Back
Top Bottom