What's Wrong With A. Freeman???/Freeman aiming for impact | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's Wrong With A. Freeman???/Freeman aiming for impact

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Freeman aiming for impact

"He wants to make more big plays. He wants to be more patient but also more explosive. And, most importantly, he wants to show that making him a full-time starter last season was a worthwhile investment.Freeman's first season as a full-time starter was productive -- he was third in tackles with 96 -- yet unfulfilling and at times overwhelming as he tried to fill various roles in the secondary."

"I'm not worried about all that. I'm going to keep getting better, and I'm going to try to maximize and be the best at my position."Freeman

Here the link to the rest of the aritcle...
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ay08,0,7426656.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

I really don't see urgency to sign Knight but I wouldn't mind having Knight.Arturo basicly saying he doesn't care if they bring in knight and he wants to become a bigger playmaker.

What's Wrong With A. Freeman???

I'm as excited as anyone about the possibility of signing SS S. Knight, but what's so bad about sticking with A. Freeman in 2003???.....

He was given too much responsibility last year in the nickle defense, and with DB T. Buckely now expected to take over the nickel back position, A. Freeman should be a much improved player at SS.....

I'm confident that if S. Knight is not signed, that A. Freeman can get the job done well enough in 2003. He just needs more experience, and once his responsibilities are minimized, he should be just fine. He's still learning the position, and he wasn't all that bad last year IMO....

I'm not worried about signing SS S. Knight anymore. He'd be a nice addition yes, but it's not like we're desperate to sign him either.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!:fire:

Last edited by a moderator:
if you have a chance to upgrade your team, you should take care of it...:cool:

Re: What's Wrong With A. Freeman???

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
I'm as excited as anyone about the possibility of signing SS S. Knight, but what's so bad about sticking with A. Freeman in 2003???.....

He was given too much responsibility last year in the nickle defense, and with DB T. Buckely now expected to take over the nickel back position, A. Freeman should be a much improved player at SS.....

I'm confident that if S. Knight is not signed, that A. Freeman can get the job done well enough in 2003. He just needs more experience, and once his responsibilities are minimized, he should be just fine. He's still learning the position, and he wasn't all that bad last year IMO....

I'm not worried about signing SS S. Knight anymore. He'd be a nice addition yes, but it's not like we're desperate to sign him either.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!:fire:

Exactly.....

its not that i dont like Arturo its just that sometimes during games last year he got that "deer in the head lights" look in his eye and i dont like seeing that in my DB core

Well said Al and you did not need to type a paragraph to say what ou wanted to say. What si wrong with Freeman...well he says he wants to do this and do that...well Ryan Leaf wants to throw a 100 yard pass....just because they say they want to does not mean they can.

Freeman has simply not proven himself to be a playmaker. He is not a great hitter or tackler and had trouble covering TE's on occasion last year (even excluding Gonzalez - though he made him look like hall of fame material).

Knight, regardless of speed, is a better hitter and offers better run support (6'2, 215). But, even though speed is supposed to be his liability, the guy is averaging over 5 INT's each year for the past 5 years. He's also a guy who greatly impressed the entire staff with his knowledge of the game. From that perspective, and given his maturity, he should add that intangible above and beyond Freeman. Let Freeman compete with Marion (his more natural position would be free safety anyway) - and add to our special teams play.

Back
Top Bottom