Whats wrong with X? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats wrong with X?

Everyone going on about AVG.

Dude has been a GHOST in the pass rush all season long...

We can't pressure. Phillips is good though.
AVG was not beating people one on one last year to get pressure. He was getting pressure by scheme where we would have an unblocked rusher or a confused lineman. If you really watch last year we had the same issue as this year where we weren’t defeating one on one blocks.

Like all players, once he signs and gets his money he stops caring. This is why they need to stop guaranteed money.

You and i dont get guaranteed money at our jobs, neither should they

It’s not getting pressure on the QB. When QBs have enough time to throw, any WR will come open.
I think last game was Brady just balling out. X, is fine. The Bucs have by miles the most disgusting WR core. Did you know Godwin, Evans and Brown were all in the top 50 on the Top 100 best NFL players list. How does this happen? Players taking huge pay cuts to win a SB with the GOAT.
When Brady is on fire like that you just gotta weather the storm.
I think the real issue is our Blitz ability/play calling. We Blitz poorly. It compounds the problem when you sign absolute worst LB to a huge, unearned contract.

This is baffling to me. X has arguably been our best player the last few years. No matter how badly we played dude showed up. He has been getting beat like a drum all year. I saw some stat where he has given up the most touhdowns all year and giving up 125 yards a game . Is it scheme? Money?
our scheme just seems different this year. last year we would have 7 guys "standing" at the los. nobody knew who was coming, who was dropping, we were in cover zero.. not sure why we got away from that..
we supposedly have 2 shut down corners (idk about that though) but for some reason we play zone way too much

It's quite simple. Offense is inept and can't score. Why play hard when you're not going to win. Defense has been on the field too much lately, they're exhausted in the second quarter. I don't agree with it, but it's my only explanation.

Everyone going on about AVG.

Dude has been a GHOST in the pass rush all season long...

We can't pressure. Phillips is good though.
Yeah, disappointed with AVG. Thought we found a diamond in the ruff with him. This is what happens when teams pay attention to you. Last year the defense put opposing offenses on their heels. Teams have adjusted and we haven’t. The last 9 games from 2020 and all of last year, the Dolphins played inspiring, opportunistic, penalty free, smart football. We lost only to more talented teams (mostly). Everything is opposite now. Tough to be a fan.

He had a terrible game, but I think he gave up on this team, tbh. I am not sure I blame him. We were so outmatched yesterday. Tom Brady, Howard, Evans, Godwin, Brown, Fournette, Giovanni lmao and thats just on offense. Imagine if Gronk played? I believe they have a top 3 or top 5 OL, as well? We had no shot against them. X knew this, as well as we did.

Let's see how he plays next week. I think it is important to remember this is more of an indictment of the front office that put this team in this position than it is on X. He is the best player on the team. Grier and Flores were the ones thinking they can walk into the season this way and be a contender. Ross needs to go back to the drawing board or sell the team.

X struggles to cover the smaller quick/twitchy/shifty WRs. They’ve always had success against him.

The bigger issue with X is effort. That long play that Brown torched him on if X had layed out to try and trip him up soon as Brown caught it he might could have prevented that TD. I’m not saying that’s a tackle he SHOULD make I’m saying he should at least give the effort to try.

This is the one thing that stood out to me about Jevon Holland. That dude plays all out every play, hes always sprinting towards the ball carrier and he made a few big time tackles that prevented even bigger plays

Back
Top Bottom