Whats wrong with X? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats wrong with X?

This is the one thing that stood out to me about Jevon Holland. That dude plays all out every play, hes always sprinting towards the ball carrier and he made a few big time tackles that prevented even bigger plays
Good point. I think he’s got excellent range. That can be hard to come by. Very important trait for a deep safety.

What’s wrong with him? Study the tape. He’s always been pretty good at playing the Vertical game. But his weakness has always been playing Horizontal!

Then you add how he plays the trailing tech to bait INTs. But with quicker guys and great ball placement..yeah!

Teams are exploring that now.

Too many players have been seen to lapse after they "got paid".

Such a lazy evaluation. X had his best season the very year after his big payday - try a little harder.

He's been injured, and isn't 100%. Add that with a weaker pass rush and a pathetic defensive effort by our coaches and bam, youve got elite players looking bad.

Like all players, once he signs and gets his money he stops caring. This is why they need to stop guaranteed money.

You and i dont get guaranteed money at our jobs, neither should they
Theyre more valuable than you. And many people get guaranteed money as long as they show up.

He is a made Man but would it not be fun to watch a league where Guys only got paid for winning? Performance = $$$$$$ Loss =$
I know...fantasy world at this point but what a difference it would make in how these Guys play.

Play for PAY...The current way is disincentive

Paying X may have been part of the problem why Defence has gone to crap.

I don't think Howard getting paid was a problem. I think he had a brilliant season in somewhat favorable circumstances, and now that the wheels are falling off of the team, he's caught up in the wash.

Did you really think the guy was gonna get 10 interceptions per season for the rest of his contract?

Such a lazy evaluation. X had his best season the very year after his big payday - try a little harder.

He's been injured, and isn't 100%. Add that with a weaker pass rush and a pathetic defensive effort by our coaches and bam, youve got elite players looking bad.
Let's revisit this at the end of the season, when the information is there to be analyzed.

This is baffling to me. X has arguably been our best player the last few years. No matter how badly we played dude showed up. He has been getting beat like a drum all year. I saw some stat where he has given up the most touhdowns all year and giving up 125 yards a game . Is it scheme? Money?

We should have traded him.

Making this thread the week after playing Brady and the Bucs where Brady had what seemed like 10 seconds to throw all day isn’t a great time to question any of our secondary.

Back
Top Bottom