Whats wrong with X? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats wrong with X?

This is baffling to me. X has arguably been our best player the last few years. No matter how badly we played dude showed up. He has been getting beat like a drum all year. I saw some stat where he has given up the most touhdowns all year and giving up 125 yards a game . Is it scheme? Money?

He sucks in zone, he's not a shut down corner, he's a ball hawk corner.

Imagine if we traded X this past off season and the defense played like they are now. Everyone would be saying "IT'S BECAUSE WE TRADED AWAY OUR BEST CB! " But nope, not the case.

Ever noticed teams aren’t really scared to throw X’s way anymore? More film out there that he can be beat easily. Teams still don’t throw Ramsey’s way.

His heart ain't in it RN, you could tell by that piss poor attempt at a tackle on Fornette on that critical 3rd down. There's a malaise across the roster. But he'll we've played 4 extremely good teams, we ain't on that level. Let's see what happens if we can gain some confidence against some lesser teams. There's a reason power conference teams schedule cupcakes in the early season in College, we just. Need to get our feet under us.
So you consider the Colts an extremely good team or even the Brady-less Patriots?

Ogbah is good and Philips looks like he could be 'all that' soon, but Wilkins has showed poorly and his interior partners have been terrible. Dolphins are getting shredded up the middle in the run game. Apparently our LBs are terrible at getting erased by moving OLs and TEs in the run game.
Opposing teams are winning are the POA on almost every play. It's pathetic.
Another year when Miami Dolphins are getting an F- at Football 101.
If your team fails Football 101 year after year, your owner SUCKS!. after 1 bad year the owner should give out warnings in September and pink slips in January.
What an absolute Tragedy to befall a fan base to have to see their team continually Fail the most basic part of Football.
Run the ball and stop the run. If you can't master that after one offseason of FA and the draft, you need new FO and coaching staff.
DolFans are So Abused!!

All that drama will he won’t he be traded and he’s barely done anything this season. Granted there hasn’t been enough of a pass rush.

I can see him being traded by the deadline to try and get another 1st round pick. Because we know how good Grier is with picks 🤦‍♂️

I think he's hurt because it's to his benefit to ball out this year for $$$ by us or most likely someone else.

Like all players, once he signs and gets his money he stops caring. This is why they need to stop guaranteed money.

You and i dont get guaranteed money at our jobs, neither should they
My solution to this has always been to have half of a players contract dollars based on wins and half his salary. For example, a player with a contract salary of $680K (using round numbers for 17 games) gets $340K as standard pay (ie $20K weekly game check) then another $20K for each win. So if his team won, he would get a game check of $40K. I will tell you right now the “care level” and effort by players would skyrocket resulting in a better product on the field. This idea would never get through the NFLPA but it would solve a lot of problems.

I tell you whats wrong with X. No pass rush and he was going against the GOAT QUEEN BRADY.

X got his $ the fire is gone. Bet if they did not pay him he would be playing better. Looking like a rip off. If the dolphins best player can't even keep up with good receivers in this league then the defense is in trouble. I'm tired of all the excuses of not enough pressure. If your an elite corner you can shut your man down.

X is not the problem he was listed as a questionable may be playing a little off last week chill out Brother he is X. If anybody gets a pass on this team for having a bad game it is him.
If we had five players as good as him we would a top team in the league.
It's not one game. He hasn't been very good all year. This was just his worst game yet, and it was blatant enough to get more fans to notice.

Ever noticed teams aren’t really scared to throw X’s way anymore? More film out there that he can be beat easily. Teams still don’t throw Ramsey’s way.
I don’t know North - Mac Jones threw 1 pass his way. Brady is the only QB that tried to go deep on him repeatedly this year and he broke up one and was stride for stride w the guy on the other.

I mean, when you are 1-4 and the team isn’t playing well as a unit, no one is going to look good. There’s nothing wrong w X. There IS something wrong with this team in all 3 phases of the game. Even our punter is ranked last in the NFL in net punting average. Only thing left is for our cheerleaders to drop to 32 in the power rankings.

He sucks in zone, he's not a shut down corner, he's a ball hawk corner.

Imagine if we traded X this past off season and the defense played like they are now. Everyone would be saying "IT'S BECAUSE WE TRADED AWAY OUR BEST CB! " But nope, not the case.
Uh. He’s a shut down corner. The definition of a SDC is very different than it was pre 2004 though. Every corner gives up completions. You aren’t allowed to completely erase a WR like the greats used to. That said, X does his fair share of erasing.

Really? What other games? Can you provide some context?
He gave up touchdowns in Buffalo (stopped trying when Diggs fell down) and against the Raiders, as well as multiple against Tampa. It varies depending on what site you look at, but his passer rating against generally is over 100. Completion % is higher than normal. Separation (on the few sites that measure it) is also below average for a starter (which means he is allowing more separation than most). QBs are also throwing at him more than many starters around the league. They are doing that because they know he isn't playing well right now.

This site seems to be missing some things (they only credit him with 1 td against for instance, which is blatantly wrong, as are several of their other stats for him), but it's one of the only ones that has advanced stats that doesn't require a membership.

PFF has him at a 59 for the year, which is average at best. It's showing him with 32 targets and 20 receptions against. I'm not able to see touchdowns.

Last year PFF had him at a 87, and in 2018 at a 77. 2019 was a 56, but he didn't play much that year due to his injury, so it's hard to judge that.

Back
Top Bottom