What's your favorite Dolphins run from scrimmage? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's your favorite Dolphins run from scrimmage?

It may not be my favorite in history, but I was at the game in Indianapolis in 2001 when rookie Travis Minor took a handoff to the right and as he turned the corner and jumped in the air it looked like he was going out of bounds, but instead he came down and ran down the sideline for a 56 yard TD, second longest run by a rookie in team history. Rookie Chris Chambers had 2 big TDs that day as well, great game to be at.

Gadsden86 said:
hate to say it but the 1st run from scrimage agenst the bills in the snow game in rickys 1st year when he ran for a td on his 1st play.

I was at that game...he had a few big runs that game, including the 4th down run where he busted up the middle and took it the distance. It was sad that he had 228 yards and we lost the game. And then it took forever to even get out of the parking lot in that blizzard.

SuperMarksBros. said:
gotta go with ricky's 53(?) yard gallop to seal the jets game/losing streak in 2002. this one's a no-brainer for me.
Agreed
Lamars run in OT against the colts was sweet also. He would not be denied!

gotta go with ricky's 53(?) yard gallop to seal the jets game/losing streak in 2002.
That was SWEET! All the Jet fans were quiet after that one.:roflmao:

Favorite Dolphin run was Larry Csonka in SB VII, with Larry Little leading the way, going for 49 yards.....slowing up just enough to deliver an uppercut to Pat Fischer of the Redskins as they collided. It musta scared the hell out of defenders to see #66 out front pulling for Zonk as they mowed people over.

marinotoclayton said:
Karim carrying 3 guys? won't find many of those on video. He usually went down after the first hit.

THAT is the Kareem that I know and remember. The memory of him carrying 3 guys was a RARE exception. He was a good runner between the point of the handoff right up to the line of scrimmage. The slightest contact stalled him.

This thread shows the youth of our contributors. I urge you all to look at tapes of the older teams. We've been blessed with some great talent.

Csonka running the ball was a beautiful thing. He had a run for about 25 yards in SB 8 that was a thing of beauty. He ran with anger and would punish anyone who got in his way.

Delvin Williams also had some great runs. Troy Stradford also played well for us for some time.

Ricky Williams long TD ag Lions, opening day(how will Ricky do in his first Game? Great!)

Lamar Smith long run before we began to meltdown on MNF v.s. Jets
Lamar Smith OT TD ag Indy
Ricky Williams 63 yarder ag the helpless Bears.
Ricky Williams turn around TD ag the Jaguars.

Definitely Lamar Smith's OT run for the win against the Colts in the 2000 playoffs. I was there and that was crazy loud as I've ever seen that stadium.

Rick 1966 said:
Definitely Lamar Smith's OT run for the win against the Colts in the 2000 playoffs. I was there and that was crazy loud as I've ever seen that stadium.

You lot are so lucky to see games-all I get is about four games on TV per year--Do you go to games the day b4 and chat and drink --In UK people turn up about 10 mins b4 kick off for soccer.

Goin` Deep said:
Favorite Dolphin run was Larry Csonka in SB VII, with Larry Little leading the way, going for 49 yards.....slowing up just enough to deliver an uppercut to Pat Fischer of the Redskins as they collided. It musta scared the hell out of defenders to see #66 out front pulling for Zonk as they mowed people over.

I will vote for that one.Defenders usually got the worst of it when they tried to tackle the Zonk who was always looking for someone else to bulldoze.

AustroFin said:
Sage TD Toss to Chambers in last Game vs Ravens. First Play of Game and they freakd the whole Ravens Defense...
How is that play a RUN from scrimmage?

goin deep quote; Favorite Dolphin run was Larry Csonka in SB VII, with Larry Little leading the way, going for 49 yards.....slowing up just enough to deliver an uppercut to Pat Fischer of the Redskins as they collided. It musta scared the hell out of defenders to see #66 out front pulling for Zonk as they mowed people over.

This is a good one. Man did I love to see Larry Little out in front of a sweep !!

Joe Auer taking back the very first Dolphin kickoff reception for a touchdown. In it's time and for just a few moments, a special magic was in the air in Miami. I was twelve and I can remember hearing everyone up and down the street yelling, Mom and Dad goin' nuts. The first time we touch the ball we score.

texasPHINSfan said:
my favorite dolphins play is the play-action roll-out to the right where you pass it to a DB on the other team who runs un-contested back 80 yards for the score.

at least, that play seems to happen more than any other play of recent memory...

No, thats Jays favorite play :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom