What's your favorite Dolphins run from scrimmage? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's your favorite Dolphins run from scrimmage?

Anyone remember the run from....I think his name was Devenport....when we was playing at Green Bay...say about 1987 are so...he busted right up the gut from around the 50 yardline and was gone. Miami won that game too! ;)

there was run in the late 80's on MNF against the jets we won the game 45-3 I think it was Morris that ran it. he was on the front page of the sports page even up here the next day...that was awesome!

knight6jb said:
One of my favorite, hate to say it, would be the one where Ricky looked like he went down but his knee's were less then an inch from the ground, holding himself up with one arm, and he kept going when everyone else thought he was down. That was amazing, but all the ones you guys have listed go down as great dolphins runs!

Gosh I can't wait for this season to start!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember that run and was freakishly amazed at the power Ricky had on that run. That kept a drive alive against the pats and would have won the game if Olindo Mare wasn't kicking from the dirt and got blocked. Think about that game...we would have been 5-1 with the Pats at 4-3. Instead the Pats were 5-2 we were 4-2 and the Pats never lost another game that year. :shakeno:

nephinsfan said:
there was run in the late 80's on MNF against the jets we won the game 45-3 I think it was Morris that ran it. he was on the front page of the sports page even up here the next day...that was awesome!

It was MNF but I know it was the Packers. It might of been Overstreet. One of them die in a car crash. God rest his soul.

nephinsfan said:
i was thinking about this run while i was reading this thread........you probably won't see this name again, Lorenzo Hampton, quick hitter, then gone. it was the game of his life!

MiaDfan13 said:
i was thinking about this run while i was reading this thread........you probably won't see this name again, Lorenzo Hampton, quick hitter, then gone. it was the game of his life!

that is who it was......damn me for not remembering!

MiaDfan13 said:

That may of been the guy for the game I was talking about too. Who was his back up? Was it Stradford?

FlyFishingKing said:
That may of been the guy for the game I was talking about too. Who was his back up? Was it Stradford?
talk about a forgettable era for dolphin rb's.......i can't remember who else was there for Hampton's brief stint. i do believe however Stradford was after Hampton

How about that run that won the game against the skins 2 years ago that was pretty nice considering I thought we were gonna lose that game for sure

I know the game you're talking about.........1985 season, Monday night Football. Playing the Jets in the Orange Bowl..........Lorenzo Hampton, 54 yards for TD.....Final score Dolphins 45, Jets 3. Beautiful game.

My fave is one that many probably haven't seen. In '79, was at the last preseason game vs the Eagles. About a dozen seconds left, Dolphins down to the Eagle 3. Griese/Strock (can't remember who was in at that point) calls timeout, goes to the sideline. Back to the huddle with him comes CSONKA! The whole damn stadium is chanting CSONKA, CSONKA, CSONKA! Parts of the Orange Bowl were actually shaking and bouncing up and down. Csonka got the handoff, straight up the middle.........smashed into Bill Bergey and knocked him silly, back into the endzone about 3 yards and then trampled over him! Miami won, 14-13. Awesome memory..............

FINSTER said:
I know the game you're talking about.........1985 season, Monday night Football. Playing the Jets in the Orange Bowl..........Lorenzo Hampton, 54 yards for TD.....Final score Dolphins 45, Jets 3. Beautiful game.

My fave is one that many probably haven't seen. In '79, was at the last preseason game vs the Eagles. About a dozen seconds left, Dolphins down to the Eagle 3. Griese/Strock (can't remember who was in at that point) calls timeout, goes to the sideline. Back to the huddle with him comes CSONKA! The whole damn stadium is chanting CSONKA, CSONKA, CSONKA! Parts of the Orange Bowl were actually shaking and bouncing up and down. Csonka got the handoff, straight up the middle.........smashed into Bill Bergey and knocked him silly, back into the endzone about 3 yards and then trampled over him! Miami won, 14-13. Awesome memory..............
That's one of those memories you never forget. I'm going to tell my grandkids stories like that...
"Ronnie Brown ran from endzone to endzone, 99 yard run against the Patriots to clinch the AFC crown. We went on to win the Super Bowl that year..."
I can hope, can't I?;)

Ricky Williams run against Jacksonville in 2003. He ran all the way left with nothing there, cut back and around the right side for a TD.

MiaDfan13 said:

It was on a third an one. The Jets were on a 10 game winning streak and we were struggling (thanks to poor defense and no running game).

Hampton took it to the house and we blew the Jets out.

The Jets did'nt win another game and limped into the playoffs. We finished a strong 8-8. If we had played stronger in the beginning iof the year we could have been a very dangerous team in the playoffs (Marino had his best "non-1984" season).

Back
Top Bottom