What's your favorite Dolphins run from scrimmage? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's your favorite Dolphins run from scrimmage?

Well I know it wasnt the greatest but i appreciated the effort of Leonard Henri's run this year, I actually saw it and thought that it might mean that he would be a good starter, because atleast he showed heart, but i do remember the ricky ones better though.

one of my favorites, can't remember the year, started at the 35 (not quite red-zone). Aaron Craver broke 5 or 6 tackles up the middle, then bounced outside and dove over one tackler into the corner of the endzone with another guy haning on to his ankle. It was one of the best runs (aleit short) that I had seen at the time, and it has stuck in my head ever since. I wonder what he's doing now?

The first Dolphins game after 9/11. Jay Feidler TD run against the Raiders that was featured on the coer of SI. One of the most exciting games of the year. If the Dolphins had a competent coach, we would've went to the Superbowl that year.

one of my favorites, can't remember the year, started at the 35 (not quite red-zone). Aaron Craver broke 5 or 6 tackles up the middle, then bounced outside and dove over one tackler into the corner of the endzone with another guy haning on to his ankle. It was one of the best runs (aleit short) that I had seen at the time, and it has stuck in my head ever since. I wonder what he's doing now?

Was that a playoff game against the Chargers? I think we won like 31-0! If that is it then it was a terrific run

Bubb Rubb Jr. said:
Was that a playoff game against the Chargers? I think we won like 31-0! If that is it then it was a terrific run

I thnk you're right. I seem to remember Craver carrying a couple of bolts into the endzone (while diving over another).

one of my favorites was probably ricky's run against the jaguars when he went to the sideline then cut it all the way back to the other sideline and scored and we went on to win the game

What about Ricky's last game as a Dolphin in 2003 against the Jets? He took the hand-off, found a hole and ran for about 6 yards before leaping over Aaron Beasley and landing in stride going into the end zone

A few from the olden days deserve a mention

Csonka's run in Super Bowl VII is featured on ESPN highlights so everyone is familiar with it. But many other oldies come to mind:

* Leroy Harris down the right sideline vs. Baltimore in a home Monday nighter, late '70s. He displayed power, enough speed, then remarkable cutback ability for a fullback inside the 10 yard line to finish off the run

* Delvin Williams on a weaving fluid TD run from about 50 yards at Shea, very early in his first season as a Dolphin

* Benny Malone slashing thru defenders on the right sideline in the '74 playoffs at Oakland, a remarkable run that would have been much better if he'd tripped after gaining the first down. We trailed 21-19 and just needed a field goal

* OK, this violates the "from scrimmage" criteria, but the best run in Dolphin history was probably Dick Anderson late in the '71 AFC Championship game vs. the Colts, taking advantage of 5 or 6 perfect blocks from defensive players to complete the 21-0 shutout

FINSTER said:
I know the game you're talking about.........1985 season, Monday night Football. Playing the Jets in the Orange Bowl..........Lorenzo Hampton, 54 yards for TD.....Final score Dolphins 45, Jets 3. Beautiful game.

That was the first run that came to mind. What a great game.

1) We crushed the Jets
2) On National TV
3) The running game came out literally of nowhere. We were perenially the worst rushiing team in the league when Hampton ripped off the long TD run the first quarter.

Man, you guys have dug deep to come up with some awesome runs. Too hard to pick a favorite.
One that wasn't mentioned: In 1998 vs. Rams at home Abdul-Jabbar popped through the middle of the line untouched and went about 70 yards for a touchdown.
But Mark Dixon held and it was called back.:smackhead
Then on the following play John Avery popped one up the middle for about forty yards, but then tripped over his own feet trying to juke the only defender left in front of him. Double :smackhead :smackhead
These weren't my favorite runs, but they were curious as they were back to back, and no one mentioned them.

Surferosa said:
That was the first run that came to mind. What a great game.

1) We crushed the Jets
2) On National TV
3) The running game came out literally of nowhere. We were perenially the worst rushiing team in the league when Hampton ripped off the long TD run the first quarter.

And the Jets were having a good season--I still got that game on tape-if i remember right I think Hampton also had a 40 odd yard run in that game too. I think it was same season as the 51-45 game.

Back
Top Bottom