What's your favorite Dolphins run from scrimmage? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's your favorite Dolphins run from scrimmage?

TheMadPorpoise

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I have two. The first was Keith Byars 77 yard gallop in the snow against Dallas in 1993. The other was a great run by Karim Abdul Jabbar in 1996 against the Jets. It was about a thirty yard run where he carried three guys. Karim may not have been a very good running back, but that was a hell of a run.

What are yours?

Would you happen to be able to find a clip of that Abdul-Jabbar run? Its funny, I was given an Abdul Jabbar jersey when I was very young and did not know much about the fins and I loved that jersey to death, but it seems like he wasnt as great as I thought he was .

TheMadPorpoise said:
I have two. The first was Keith Byars 77 yard gallop in the snow against Dallas in 1993. The other was a great run by Karim Abdul Jabbar in 1996 against the Jets. It was about a thirty yard run where he carried three guys. Karim may not have been a very good running back, but that was a hell of a run.

What are yours?

We are featuring that game right now on the torrents.The Leon Lett game played in the snow.The defenders were slipping and sliding trying to get a hand on Byars who never had such a long run in his entire career.

There's a lot....but a few that stick out are;

- Lamar Smith's TD in OT against the Colts int he playoffs
- Lamar Smith's 60+ yard TD against the Jets in the first half of the Meltdown at the Meadowlands
- Ricky's long run in the smow against the Bills.
- Bernie Parmalee's long TD against te Chiefs on MNF.
- James McKnights 60+ yard TD on a reverse against the Giants
- Jay Fiedler TD run against the Jets where he lowered a shoulder and ran over Ray Mickens, injuring him for like 10 weeks.

hate to say it but the 1st run from scrimage agenst the bills in the snow game in rickys 1st year when he ran for a td on his 1st play.

Here's one i dont think anyone would be thinking of, Marino's QB sneak up the middle for a TD vs the Falcons in 98, yeah we got whipped bad in that game but that "run" from scrimmage was a rarely seen thing of beauty, Props to Marino's first down scramble in the mud vs the Pats after the return from the achilles injury, got goose bumps all over :D

TheMadPorpoise said:
The other was a great run by Karim Abdul Jabbar in 1996 against the Jets. It was about a thirty yard run where he carried three guys. Karim may not have been a very good running back, but that was a hell of a run.

What are yours?

Karim carrying 3 guys? won't find many of those on video. He usually went down after the first hit.

Jay Fiedlers run to beat the Raiders in week two of 2001. SI cover has him on the front raising his hand in the air.

L. Smiths run against the Colts in the playoffs.

One of my favorite, hate to say it, would be the one where Ricky looked like he went down but his knee's were less then an inch from the ground, holding himself up with one arm, and he kept going when everyone else thought he was down. That was amazing, but all the ones you guys have listed go down as great dolphins runs!

Gosh I can't wait for this season to start!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because no one's going to mention Sammy Morris I will. Sammy's long run against the Ravens week 17. I liked it a lot for a few reasons:
*I despise the Baltimore Ravens
*Their defense was humiliated by one of the worst offenses in the league
*It was the closest we got to a 100 yard rusher that whole year.

my favorite dolphins play is the play-action roll-out to the right where you pass it to a DB on the other team who runs un-contested back 80 yards for the score.

at least, that play seems to happen more than any other play of recent memory...

TerrorSquad5658 said:
Would you happen to be able to find a clip of that Abdul-Jabbar run? Its funny, I was given an Abdul Jabbar jersey when I was very young and did not know much about the fins and I loved that jersey to death, but it seems like he wasnt as great as I thought he was .

He holds the finz rookie rushing TD record.

Mine would be ron davenports 30 odd yard run against the Cleveland browns in the play offs in the 80's. Miami were heavily favoured to win but were still losing against a good running attack of Byner and Mack in the third qtr by 21 -3 when it occurred. Miami went on to win before losing to the Patriots in the AFC game. The year the Bears stuffed them in the superbowl I think--Shame ;)

Back
Top Bottom