Whats your rebuild blueprint for the Fins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats your rebuild blueprint for the Fins?

As a more general strategy, I would try to trade the second first rounder this year and turn it into another first and second extra pick or more for next year or 2021
I hadnt even thought about that but thats makes alot sense depending on how the draft shakes out. Compounding picks is the best discovery in human history Einstein said... Sort of...

But yeah I fully agree, I'd rather trade the pick for future picks than draft defense. Would think twice for value at WR or OL though...

I would, obviously, draft a QB and then surround him with as much talent as possible on the offensive line and at the skill positions. I would not worry too much about the defense right away.

Trever Lawrence no matter what whenever he comes out of college. If this year 1st pick no matter what.

If not this year- trade down for more picks if you have a trade partner and build the OL in this draft.

Build the defensive line with FA DE and DL.

Next year (again) Trevor Lawrence and DL with the remaining picks.

Going 0-16 and drafting Tua.

Main objective following that is building the trenches. I would be looking to spend some of that salary cap on established OL or smart trades to assure Tua doesn't take a beating.

Continue to trade back in rounds to acquire picks the following years allowing for draft and trade flexibility. It's one of the biggest reasons the Pats have been able to establish a dynasty for two decades. Looking at what they've done this week in signing Brown and trading Thomas for a 6th round pick. That's just smart organizational management. Essentially Thomas for Brown + 6th round pick.
I agree 100% and Grier had said he intends to have 10 or more picks in every draft moving forward. And the good thing about having Houston's, 1st round pick is you may not have to trade out of the 1st round completely; inorder to secure another 1st rounder in 2021 or 2022. Dependent on how far Miami moves back.

Draft Tua number one overall and then use our remaining picks to draft the best player available but with a heavy focus on the oline. Then bring in one or two free agent proven olinemen.

Then the following year draft best player available with a focus on the defense and particularly the dline and pass rushers.

In an offseason that prioritized stocking up on draft picks, I can’t imagine we would spend a 2nd rounder on a QB we didn’t have plans for. I think we are playing Rosen in 2020, and building around him. If he fails, we draft our QB in 2021, and we (hopefully) have a better team around him.

Free agency: focus on the lines, both sides of the ball

Rd 1: Edge (Chase Young)
Rd 1: OL
Rd 2: CB/WR
Rd 2: WR/CB
Rd 3: Edge

Got to get the quarterback and build the offensive line first. If the team can do that successfully, the impact will be significant.

I like the way Howie Roseman built the Eagles, especially managing the cap and unloading all the Chip Kelley players.

So... there are some minor variations, but there are only two real camps here: Those of us who think it is best to build the lines first, and those of us who think it's all about drafting the QB first.

It'll be interesting to see which direction the F.O. chooses to go... and well, who is actually here in that front office to make this decision.

Unfortunately... beyond watching this choice go down, we don't have much else to watch this year. God I am glad I'm not a season ticket holder. I can shut the game off and watch NASCAR.

Got to get the quarterback and build the offensive line first. If the team can do that successfully, the impact will be significant.

...and it'll be interesting to see what happens inside the tank for tua minds if Rosen looks good. I think we may hear the sounds of melting circuits.

I like your aproach as well, its pretty similar but you go for a DE fairly early in 2020 instead of 2021... My thinking there is I'd rather use the 2020 early pick to make my new QB's life easier. While the Fins should win more games in 2020 which nets a lower draft pick, with the franchise QB in hand, they'll be able to afford a big trade up to get an elite DE at the top of the draft 2121. This is far from an exact science and building the roster both ways at the same time might have some benefits as well.
well, that's why I said you need to get two starters in free agency and I mean two good ones. That way you only need the QB and the OT. then the rest is DE,WR,Safety. If we have no pass rush then you can't play defense and that means more pressure to score points in order to win. You need balance to win in the NFL. But not to worry cause I doubt this FO would do anything I'm suggesting anyway....lol

Im using the word rebuild because this is about after the season is over with... I think we can safely assume Fins will have at least a top 5 pick at this point. 2x 1st rounders, 2x 2nd rounders, 2x 3rd round picks(if they get a comp) + the late rounds... They'll also have around 140M under the cap IIRC...

I'd just like to know which unit would be your priority next season?, as I dont think it would be wise to try and fix everything at the same time. You dont even have to bring specific names to the table, just your overall strategy.

If I were GM, I'd obviously get the QB first and foremost with the top 5 pick and I would try to build him the best OL possible. I'd use the draft for a potential LT/RT(depending on the QB they draft) although Im not sure how Ds would adjust for a left handed QB, maybe @TedSlimmJr could weigh in here. The rest of the OL would be filled with FA vets if at all possible. Only reason Im using the pick for the tackle is cost certainty and value and Im not opposed to drafting guards or centers on top of that should the opportunity present itself.

This part might sound weird to some but I'd only adress the D where there are urgent needs and do so with the back of the draft and the 2nd and 3rd wave of FA... Believe it or not, this is not a 1 year project and I'd like to keep roling money over to the next season. Fins also have alot of picks in the 2021 draft and I would make that offseason about the defense. By that time, Fitzpatrick and Baker will be entering their prime and Howard should be a force by then, you can then draft that pass rusher and a couple of CBs to really solidify the D.

So what would you do?

Is this really a question? Um, QB OL OL OL OL OL DL DL DL DL WR and then whatever

Back
Top Bottom