Whats your rebuild blueprint for the Fins? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats your rebuild blueprint for the Fins?

So... there are some minor variations, but there are only two real camps here: Those of us who think it is best to build the lines first, and those of us who think it's all about drafting the QB first.

It'll be interesting to see which direction the F.O. chooses to go... and well, who is actually here in that front office to make this decision.

Unfortunately... beyond watching this choice go down, we don't have much else to watch this year. God I am glad I'm not a season ticket holder. I can shut the game off and watch NASCAR.

Grabbing the QB and building the lines do not need to be separate...QB is one draft pick...you have 10 more picks for o-line, not to mention 120 million in cap. You should fine several competent players. Right now...Deiter continues to improve as the season progresses, you only need to worry about 4.

It's a possibility, but look back through the previous posts, those of us who didn't take a QB 1st... didn't take one at all.

It's a possibility, but look back through the previous posts, those of us who didn't take a QB 1st... didn't take one at all.

Yep, Super smart...if you watch the Texans you can see the impact a top tier QB can have with a **** o-line and even with Tunsil, that line was not good for the Texans...6 sacks. That o-line has 4 1sts invested in it and it is still awful.

So... there are some minor variations, but there are only two real camps here: Those of us who think it is best to build the lines first, and those of us who think it's all about drafting the QB first.

It'll be interesting to see which direction the F.O. chooses to go... and well, who is actually here in that front office to make this decision.

Unfortunately... beyond watching this choice go down, we don't have much else to watch this year. God I am glad I'm not a season ticket holder. I can shut the game off and watch NASCAR.

It won’t be that interesting. They will get a QB. They may build the lines at the same time but when you are picking at the top of the draft and you don’t have a franchise QB, you draft a QB.

The idea of building the lines first may sound nice but the top QBs go early, this is the best year and chance for us to get a franchise QB since we took Jake Long over Matt Ryan.

Yep, Super smart...if you watch the Texans you can see the impact a top tier QB can have with a **** o-line and even with Tunsil, that line was not good for the Texans...6 sacks. That o-line has 4 1sts invested in it and it is still awful.

All this says is that they've taken the WRONG Linemen... kind of like the Chargers took Ryan Leaf.

It won’t be that interesting. They will get a QB. They may build the lines at the same time but when you are picking at the top of the draft and you don’t have a franchise QB, you draft a QB.

The idea of building the lines first may sound nice but the top QBs go early, this is the best year and chance for us to get a franchise QB since we took Jake Long over Matt Ryan.

Rosen.

You are quick to assume that this 22 year old isn't the right guy.

All this says is that they've taken the WRONG Linemen... kind of like the Chargers took Ryan Leaf.

I think you missed the point...Watson was excellent and more then made up for the poor line play. That is what a great QB can do. Wilson does the same in Seattle, Rogers in Green Bay, even Luck in Indy. You don't **** around with the top pick and have a QB the caliber of Tua coming out and draft a ****ing DE and Guard in round 1.

We are right on schedule. We just need to stop signing scrubs to extensions when we don’t need to.

1) you cant cut them all

2) The NFL requires a minimum amount of money to be spent. Since we have to spend some by rule, it isn't a bad strategy to sign a few moderate players to long term, moderate contracts.

I think you missed the point...Watson was excellent and more then made up for the poor line play. That is what a great QB can do. Wilson does the same in Seattle, Rogers in Green Bay, even Luck in Indy. You don't **** around with the top pick and have a QB the caliber of Tua coming out and draft a ****ing DE and Guard in round 1.

In your less than humble opinion...

1) you cant cut them all

2) The NFL requires a minimum amount of money to be spent. Since we have to spend some by rule, it isn't a bad strategy to sign a few moderate players to long term, moderate contracts.

We controlled them all for dirt money we didn’t have to spend a dime.

Back
Top Bottom