Whats your rebuild blueprint for the Fins? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats your rebuild blueprint for the Fins?

My idea of our 2020 picks:
1st rd-DE
1st rd-OT
2nd rd-CB
2nd rd- OG/C
Fill in depth with rest of picks. I would not dare draft a QB in the 2020 draft. Until we fix the line they'll get destroyed, until we fix the defense they'll have to put up 60 to win lol.

This is the most unlikely outcome but I’m warming up to the idea.

In 2021, after a 6-10 season by Rosen/Fitz/whoever, then id go QB. There's not been a single team rebuild in a single year. It takes time, no need to rush it and overdraft another Tannehill

Grabbing the QB and building the lines do not need to be separate...QB is one draft pick...you have 10 more picks for o-line, not to mention 120 million in cap. You should fine several competent players. Right now...Deiter continues to improve as the season progresses, you only need to worry about 4.

I think Deiter will be a good one.

Finding good OL isn't as hard as ****ing Miami has made it seem. I hope the people in house understand what to look for.

1 Tua

With the 2nd 1st, I'd want OT, Jeudy, or T. Wallace. If the OT I want and Jeudy are off the board, and I think I can get Wallace at 33, I'd turn my attention to CB or Center. So:

1 Tua
1 W Little
2 T Wallace

At this point, I would still focus my attention on OL, WR, and CB. Biadasz and Humphrey are likely to be off the board, but Erik McCoy fell to the 2nd, and it's early in the process. At WR, I could see J. Reagor falling, and if not, Lynn Bowden Jr is dynamic and a great fit (former QB, who is both an excellent deep threat and terrific after the catch). Bowden could be there in the 3rd because of UK's poor offense, though. Like WR, this CB class appears to be stacked, and I'd be open to falling talent. So:

1 Tua
1 Little
2 Wallace
2 Humphrey (placeholder for falling OL talent)
3 L Bowden Jr
3 P Adebo (placeholder for falling CB talent)

Tyler Johnson, Isaiah Hodgins, and Justin Jefferson are other WR's I'd give a look in the 3rd. Haven't mentioned it, but I do agree with the majority that much of the OL will need to be built via FA.

You want to put your new QB in the best situation to succeed. With such an abysmal offense, that will require a heavy focus on offensive talent. If you don't go this route, 1) Why? 2) You may as well start Rosen in 2020 in an effort to shield Tua from this mess, but, again, why?

QB, OL, and WR/TE will make or break the rebuild, and they'll all help or hurt each other. DL won't matter at all - not even a little - if the core pieces of the offense aren't in order.

All of this drafting a QB first and worrying about everything else is ridiculous to me. Does everyone forget that we had the greatest QB to ever play but how many SBs did we win. No QB will be successful here unless we have the supporting players.

All of this drafting a QB first and worrying about everything else is ridiculous to me. Does everyone forget that we had the greatest QB to ever play but how many SBs did we win. No QB will be successful here unless we have the supporting players.

That's what FA and the other draft picks are for.

1 Tua

With the 2nd 1st, I'd want OT, Jeudy, or T. Wallace. If the OT I want and Jeudy are off the board, and I think I can get Wallace at 33, I'd turn my attention to CB or Center. So:

1 Tua
1 W Little
2 T Wallace

At this point, I would still focus my attention on OL, WR, and CB. Biadasz and Humphrey are likely to be off the board, but Erik McCoy fell to the 2nd, and it's early in the process. At WR, I could see J. Reagor falling, and if not, Lynn Bowden Jr is dynamic and a great fit (former QB, who is both an excellent deep threat and terrific after the catch). Bowden could be there in the 3rd because of UK's poor offense, though. Like WR, this CB class appears to be stacked, and I'd be open to falling talent. So:

1 Tua
1 Little
2 Wallace
2 Humphrey (placeholder for falling OL talent)
3 L Bowden Jr
3 P Adebo (placeholder for falling CB talent)

Tyler Johnson, Isaiah Hodgins, and Justin Jefferson are other WR's I'd give a look in the 3rd. Haven't mentioned it, but I do agree with the majority that much of the OL will need to be built via FA.

You want to put your new QB in the best situation to succeed. With such an abysmal offense, that will require a heavy focus on offensive talent. If you don't go this route, 1) Why? 2) You may as well start Rosen in 2020 in an effort to shield Tua from this mess, but, again, why?

QB, OL, and WR/TE will make or break the rebuild, and they'll all help or hurt each other. DL won't matter at all - not even a little - if the core pieces of the offense aren't in order.

How do you feel about Leatherwood...super athletic, but has some technique issue. Worth a day two pick?

Then he wasn't the greatest qb to ever play then.

Tua and Higgins are my dream in round 1.

But we gotta remember this staff loves Parker and Preston has already shown some skills.

OL is a great value in round 1 if Houston's pick is in the 20s. Edge talent depending on who falls and rises. CB is another option, haven't really kept up with any this year so far. AJ Terrel would be a good round 2 option.

Those positions have to be the target.

How do you feel about Leatherwood...super athletic, but has some technique issue. Worth a day two pick?

I'm starting OL earlier than usual, but I'm still not up to date on most of these players. When I get to Leatherwood, I'll let you know. Little looks like a prototype OT, though.

Tua and Higgins are my dream in round 1.

But we gotta remember this staff loves Parker and Preston has already shown some skills.

OL is a great value in round 1 if Houston's pick is in the 20s. Edge talent depending on who falls and rises. CB is another option, haven't really kept up with any this year so far. AJ Terrel would be a good round 2 option.

Those positions have to be the target.

Higgins is excellent with the ball in the air, but how do you feel about his ability to separate? I'm a little concerned about that aspect of his game - particularly because he's thin.

I get the people who say that we should build up the supporting cast first, I do, but-- If you are in position to draft a QB who you rate as a franchise QB, you have to take him. There is no guarantee you get that shot again for a long, long time (I mean look at us.)

You've hit on the key to all this. In this case "you" is FLo and staff and no one know who they rate as a "franchise QB." Tua? Fromm? Rosen? No one knows, yet, some here make Tua the absolute and Miami WILL draft him. I'm against no one, but no one knows how Miami will make decisions next spring.

Higgins is excellent with the ball in the air, but how do you feel about his ability to separate? I'm a little concerned about that aspect of his game - particularly because he's thin.

This is true, but his redzone work and his go up and get it ability is second to none in college football.

Jeudy is the best WR, but I see him being picked top 5. Higgins is my dream where I predict Houston to be picking

That’s why I like Higgins the least of the bama or Clemson wr draft pick options

@silverfin brought up the Shenault kid out of Colorado...I don't watch any Colorado football, so my exposure to him is through highlights, but the kid is dynamic.

6'2" 220...big body kid.

Back
Top Bottom