Whats your rebuild blueprint for the Fins? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats your rebuild blueprint for the Fins?

For edge you may need to hope for something to fall in the top of round 2...The kid from Penn State or even the UF kid. If they have great combines though, you will need to use the Texans pick.

Young’s got nice tools. His hands aren’t as good as bosas. The bosas have the best vs tackles hand use in the league probably. But you can see the tools and the frame to get drafted top 5.

Just not as refined.

Yea 100% agree in fact he even looks somewhat raw in the hands department compared to Bosa but that body type is the prototype for DE, Long but thick through the arms and legs.

Why didn't we draft Fletcher Cox 2.0 in the Draft ? smh

I watched that corner for Ohio state Saturday. Udokah? I guess it is. Theres one major red flag. Too much initial separation out of cuts. He closes quickly after and that’s great but that initial separation in the pros allows for pitch and catch opportunities.

That and ball skills. But the separation out of cuts gets smoked in the pros by qbs. No ints? Playing for Ohio state where you smoke 80 percent of the teams you play and can sit on situational stuff, sticks concepts etc, and know the ball must come out quick

Build the defense first and then work on the running game on offense. I'm just guessing since I've not really giving it much thought. We'll build the team the right way... believe in Flores!

For edge you may need to hope for something to fall in the top of round 2...The kid from Penn State or even the UF kid. If they have great combines though, you will need to use the Texans pick.

If the Kid from Penn State has a great combine, I don't think the Texans pick will able to draft him.

1) I would immediately sign the top RT in FA along with another top G/C. That's where I'm spending my money in the offseason.
2) I would use the 1st pick on Tua/QB
3) 2nd first rounder on another Olineman (LT unless Davis turns out good by end of season)
4) 2nd round picks = DE and DE/CB

That would leave us with a decent oline to give the QB a chance. The only holdovers I can see from our current line are Davis and Deiter. If we can plug the other 3 spots with above avg FA's and a top draft pick, we would be in much better shape.

Yea 100% agree in fact he even looks somewhat raw in the hands department compared to Bosa but that body type is the prototype for DE, Long but thick through the arms and legs.

Why didn't we draft Fletcher Cox 2.0 in the Draft ? smh

He was a tick below fletcher for me but yeah good talent. We went safe don’t ya know lol

I watched that corner for Ohio state Saturday. Udokah? I guess it is. Theres one major red flag. Too much initial separation out of cuts. He closes quickly after and that’s great but that initial separation in the pros allows for pitch and catch opportunities.

That and ball skills. But the separation out of cuts gets smoked in the pros by qbs. No ints? Playing for Ohio state where you smoke 80 percent of the teams you play and can sit on situational stuff, sticks concepts etc, and know the ball must come out quick

Great analysis. Comp ?

Tough to develop a legit rebuild plan until we know what we have in Rosen.

I am still holding out some hope that Rosen shows enough potential to make Tua/Herbert/Fromm/Love unnecessary. I would be ecstatic if the Dolphins get a top-3 pick this year, and are confident enough to trade it away to a team that is hyped over a QB. Continue to pile up the draft assets. If Rosen busts in 2020 while surrounded by hopefully better talent (from the 2020 draft and 2020 free agency), then you can use the 2021 draft capital (which will be increased from trading the top-3 2020 pick) to get your new QB. I’d expect there to be at least one or two top QB prospects that shake out in 2021 in addition to Lawrence, since the assumption is that no team will trade away the opportunity to draft Lawrence.

If we don’t end up taking the QB early in 2020, I’d use the two firsts on a pass-rushing DE and CB to play opposite X (I’m assuming we recoup a top-10 first in trading away the top-3 pick - so get that pass-rushing DE in th top 10). I’d use both seconds on OL, with the hope that you have a real conviction on both. If the available OL in Round 2 are weak, don’t reach - go BPA regardless of position. Second rounders are too valuable to draft a reach on need alone.

If Rosen isn’t a real option, then I’m assuming we’re drafting #1 and I’m taking Tua. With the next 3 picks, I am going OL and WR. I try to build around Tua on offense in the 2020 draft. I wait until 2021 to go heavy on defense.

Once concern I have about 2020 free agency - we’d like to think we can pick up some good OL in free agency, but the free agent class in OL is weak, and looking weaker every time another player signs an extension. Rodney Hudson, La’el Collins, Cody Whitehair are just a few OL that have signed extensions recently (off the top of my head).

He was a tick below fletcher for me but yeah good talent. We went safe don’t ya know lol

Make sense, but that body type for Wilkins is eh( lacks length,muscle mass) I like my DT's to be built like Suge Knight not the guy from King of Queens.

Back
Top Bottom