Whelp! Here's whats good. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whelp! Here's whats good.

BigFin

Rookie
Reaction score
What can we hope for? I think after it's all said and done we will have a 6-10, or 7-9 season. Yesterday was our chance to make a statement and take control of our season and we couldn't do it. Once again we had a miserable offensive performance and the other teams passing killed us.

Here are somethings things I've learned this weekend.
- I'm growing to really dislike the wildcat. It's about numbers and it's a power formation but we run on every fricken play. It's predictable and we don't throw out if it successfully to keep the defense honest. It's not working anymore...let's move on.

-If we are a running team and our running attack put teams like Indy, New Orlands, and the jets in trouble why aren't we more consistant with the run play calls?

-Henne is the man. Yes he's making some mistakes but hey, he's a rookie. The guy puts the ball where it needs to be when it needs to be there, now we just need someone to catch it.

-Our WR groups is horrible. I though Ginn would be a great slot receiver if we had a true number 1 guy but heck....he can't catch!!!! We need a number 1 and 2 guy bad.

- Our defensive backfeild will be spectacular for the next 10 years. Vonte, Sean, and Chris will be studs once they get some experience.

-We need to put Wake at DE

-Porter is done. So is Taylor

- Where did our OL go?

- We self destruct. We destroy our own tempo. When Henne gets in rythm we take him out for the wildcat, he comes back then comes pat white. It's not working....get in rythm and lets roll.

This team will be 8-8 or 9-7. I am not quite getting why people are down on JT. He has played well and is leading the team in sacks while spending most of his time on the strongside. The guy who has laid down on us is Porter.

6-10 is not going to happen, this team is better than that. I don't think that 9-7 is too far out of the question. We had the toughest schedule in the NFL to this point. We have a real shot at winning our next three games. Let's save the judgments to after those games.

What can we hope for? I think after it's all said and done we will have a 6-10, or 7-9 season. Yesterday was our chance to make a statement and take control of our season and we couldn't do it. Once again we had a miserable offensive performance and the other teams passing killed us.

Here are somethings things I've learned this weekend.
- I'm growing to really dislike the wildcat. It's about numbers and it's a power formation but we run on every fricken play. It's predictable and we don't throw out if it successfully to keep the defense honest. It's not working anymore...let's move on.

-If we are a running team and our running attack put teams like Indy, New Orlands, and the jets in trouble why aren't we more consistant with the run play calls?

-Henne is the man. Yes he's making some mistakes but hey, he's a rookie. The guy puts the ball where it needs to be when it needs to be there, now we just need someone to catch it.

-Our WR groups is horrible. I though Ginn would be a great slot receiver if we had a true number 1 guy but heck....he can't catch!!!! We need a number 1 and 2 guy bad.

- Our defensive backfeild will be spectacular for the next 10 years. Vonte, Sean, and Chris will be studs once they get some experience.

-We need to put Wake at DE

-Porter is done. So is Taylor

- Where did our OL go?

- We self destruct. We destroy our own tempo. When Henne gets in rythm we take him out for the wildcat, he comes back then comes pat white. It's not working....get in rythm and lets roll.

It's all a learning experience for a very young team. There are really 3 levels that teams fall into Elite, Average, and rebuilding The Dolphins are a Upper Average team right now, and we have played several elite teams, and all have been losses. There are still holes that need to be filled before the Fins move up to the next level. They are close but not quite there yet. You need to show a little faith, and understand it takes time for things to come together.

Back
Top Bottom