When did New England lay down the flubber? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When did New England lay down the flubber?

DolfanDaveInMI

Active Roster
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong -- given how badly they cared for the "grass" surface they used to have, it's completely appropriate for them to do it. But I wish they would have done that in the offseason rather than having us try to play on the sand and letting their late season opponents play on a predictable surface with good footing.

The radio announcers were saying it should take a few weeks for the ground to take hold....then later on they showed it was fake turf...I guess the announcers are kinda dumb. :lol:

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Don't get me wrong -- given how badly they cared for the "grass" surface they used to have, it's completely appropriate for them to do it. But I wish they would have done that in the offseason rather than having us try to play on the sand and letting their late season opponents play on a predictable surface with good footing.

NE resodded the Field just before the Indy game and then the following week we had a lot of rain. They played the jets in a down pour and by the second half the new sod was a mud bog. They started the job to install field turf the monday after the jets game as it became obvious the natural grass wasn't ever going to hold up. All in all it took about 9 days to get the new field turf installed Working 3 crews 24/7 which is pretty remarkable since normally it takes about 5 weeks. The natural surface was cared for the best it could be considering all the traffic it saw between the Patriots, Reveloution and the multiple concerts held at Gillette. Bob Kraft spent Millions for the system installed to help maintain the grass surface but it just didn't work and every year the field was sodded sometimes twice. This is NE and in an enclosed stadium the field didn't get enough sun. It doesn't matter what they played on earlier in the year because both teams played on the same surface.

GreenMachine said:
Lose to the Jets, replace the grass. Problem solved...
seemed to have worked. brady scooted around url for 11 yrds

Back
Top Bottom