When Did You Lose Faith In Gase? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Did You Lose Faith In Gase?

I lost faith in Gase when...

• Total voters
As a HC it has been on my mind for a while. As a personnel guy pretty much when he decided to restructured Tannehill and put all bets on a QB coming back from major surgery that has never been all that great to begging with.

After that fiasco in the 4th Qtr of the Indianapolis game, I can conclude without a doubt we will be seeing bad football for the remainder of this season and all of next season. Remember Gase was signed to a 5 year contract. This is only season #3. I don't see Stephen Ross eating 2 years of his contract. Ross will not give Gase a contract extension however, even though Gase will need it to avoid being a lame-duck coach in 2019. I cannot remember any lame-duck coach being successful in his last year, so it's bye-bye Gase after 2019. The question now becomes; who will be the next HC?

So many things have shook my confidence in him (how he approached the QB position was plenty) but Sunday was the nail in the coffin. Dead in the water.

Last edited:
I didn't like the Gase pick as HC from the beginning (I preferred an older more experienced coach), nevertheless, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. That doubt was tested when he got rid of Ajayi. It was stretched when he paid Cutler 10mil to QB and flat out broke somewhere between the cocaine sniffing OL coach and the one millionth bubble screen or maybe it was the three years of league leading penalties...

Gase is not a leader of men. He skulks around the sideline during games with his paper/pen and generally looks like an autistic child. At this point, a "Gase led team" is undisciplined, passive and unstable.

The Dolphins have truly taken on the qualities of their Head Coach.

they will only hire another gase type coach. vanilla like all the ones before him. someone who will want to 'establish the running game' etc. someone PC.

they will only hire another gase type coach. vanilla like all the ones before him. someone who will want to 'establish the running game' etc. someone PC.

Finheaven: Where fans think Gase passes way too much, but fans dont want a new coach to implement the running game.

I bet some of you would be mad at coaches who run and pass 50% of the time.

It seems as though most Fin Fans have concluded that Gase needs to go. When did you reach that conclusion?
I don't know if I believe he needs to go; but I do believe he needs to focus on being the HC and not the glorified OC in a HC body. The play calling in the 4th quarter was 1 of 3 things to me 1) lack of personnel or belief in the personnel you have in place to effectively move the ball 2) lack of understanding of what you just put your defense through and seeing they are gassed, should be time to put together a clock killing drive or two or 3) wanting to get fired...

RT17 throwing on 1st and 2nd, and running a draw on 3rd in one series is mind boggling but to do it again, with the game on the line...I vomited in disgust...

Nice pole idea OP.

What is most surprising to me is that the leading vote getter at this point is after the Indy game.

This wasn’t a game we were “supposed” to win, nor do I feel the team played particularly poorly.

If the loss of confidence is due to the playcalling at the end of the Indy game well hello, the playcalling has been horrible all season long!

I never liked Gase, would love to see him gone but I wasn’t surprised by what he called against Indy, that is what he does and who he is.

I've been on the fence, but turn over playcalling to someone else or get lost.

Nice pole idea OP.

What is most surprising to me is that the leading vote getter at this point is after the Indy game.

This wasn’t a game we were “supposed” to win, nor do I feel the team played particularly poorly.

If the loss of confidence is due to the playcalling at the end of the Indy game well hello, the playcalling has been horrible all season long!

I never liked Gase, would love to see him gone but I wasn’t surprised by what he called against Indy, that is what he does and who he is.
Actually, I'm surprised at the lack of votes

I still have faith in Gase - I just really really hope he starts installing a more vertical offense rather than horizontal in the next few games.

Same. Gase has audacity, which is needed. We were a 9 point underdog last weekend but Gase didn't seem to think of it that way or approach it that way. He expects to win, and that is a huge step above where we have been.

Now we need to pair Gase with a quarterback with audacity and who expects to win. Plus talent. Osweiler has those traits but not the sheer talent.

Short sideways passes are a miserable choice. Unfortunately these coaches who are around 40 years old came of football viewing age when short passes were the new fascination. It is difficult to wring it out of them and return to the old standbys of a physical ground game combined with aggressive downfield passing.

The Ajayi situation dug his hole for me...

Then his constant excuses for why almost everyone was offsides a LOT and never showed any accountability for the lack of discipline pushed him in the hole.

It really came to a head in the Green Bay game. End of the first half, down 14-9, no timeouts, starting deep in own territory with less than a minute to go, and with BO as QB. He is throwing all over the field and we haven't moved the ball in 4 games and we are all of a sudden going to put a drive together now? I'm thinking we will have to punt and GB will get a another FG before the half and the ball to start the 2nd half. Luckily it didn't happen but didn't understand his thinking. Than you see his questionable play calling in the 4th quarter this game and you are just left scratching your head.

The minute I heard his name mentioned as a possible hire and his resume was:
Working with the Broncos (Manning needed no help, especially from this dweeb)
Working with Cutler and the Bears and hearing what s great job he did with Cutler the bum. I'm sorry, the Besrs were 6-10 the year Gase and Cutler were together in Chicago.

So again, never had faith and trading Ajayi (like he was the problem) and throwing 2,000 WR bubble screens confirms that the guy should never have been hired.

Sell my team Mr. Ross you POS!

The Texans game. I saw many times that when 2nd and 1, we threw the ball...incomplete, same 3rd and 1, threw the ball, incomplete. 1 yard. Gore just carried for 9. This happened a few times, and then Not bringing starting on Fales for the next game, just dumb. And last weekend....well that was enough.

If he doesn't go, at least get an offensive coordinator to call the plays.

Back
Top Bottom