When do we get a running game? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When do we get a running game?

FanMarino

HOF Pass Master
Club Member
Reaction score
We've got the players at RB. Mostert, Edmunds. It's been about passing to win. Do we get the RB game? I know the last 3 games have been crazy but with the schedule coming up is it time to get the running game going to give some balance? We've had a few runs and that's basically it. Offense needs some time management drives.

Mostert and Edmunds are averaging 3.3 and 3.4 yards per carry. We may need to draft a HB for us to have a running game. We'll see how the remainder of the season goes.

The offense cannot carry on one dimensional. Its not going to put many Defenses on front foot or load up on LOS if they know the team are getting 50yds a game at best. The RBs are talented. Sooner we see it the better. Soft schedule will hopefully bring them into play.

small sample size but our greatest success was on left side of the line. 463DECAD-E67D-4AD0-B6C8-C010A8AF5AA3.jpeg

This was where the Jets found the most success against Cincinnati, too

E2504864-1188-4327-8DB7-5C1FAD4717DD.jpeg

Plus, Mostert (4.17%) and Edmonds (12%) are rarely seeing an 8-Man Box.

Mostert and Edmunds are averaging 3.3 and 3.4 yards per carry. We may need to draft a HB for us to have a running game. We'll see how the remainder of the season goes.

I'm trying to understand the logic of this post.

Mostered and Edmunds are averaging 3.3 and 3.4 yards

The solution..."We may need to draft a HB for us to have a running game."

Yikes....

definitely need a run game to close out games should miami have a lead in game and want to finish game or if vs another explosive offense and keep them off the field

Probably not this year or with these backs. Neither are 'close out the game' type of backs, both are 1b type of backs, eventually, we'll look for a bigger back who catches the ball well, and we will have our starter.

For now... we are a passing team who throws to set up the run.

Running game is below average which is way better than putrid from last season. Still room to get to average by season's end hopefully before winter time when it'll be harder to pass , so i'm not going to fret too much about the run game.

Worth remembering that we've gone up against 3 of the better defensive fronts in the league so far. I hope we can lean on the run on Thursday night, and sit Tua if he needs to recover.

Back
Top Bottom