When do you think new players are going to Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When do you think new players are going to Miami

I wouldn’t be surprised if many of the newbies are already in town. Florida isn’t on lockdown and I can see guys having already set up at least temporary housing. I could even see several position groups working out together at private facilities under the radar, while keeping social distancing. What do you guys think
Living here in Miami, I am surprise that according to you we aren’t on lockdown. Other than parks, marinas
and golf courses, the Miami Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties are pretty much still on lockdown.
The rest of the state basically does what they want to do, even though the virus hot spots are more north of South Florida now than in our area.

League rules at this time prohibit any kind of organizational practices. Everything between the players and coaches are limited to interaction over the Internet. I think it is difficult for players, especially rookies to learn a system and be comfortable with the players who will be lining up beside them without actually having practice with the coaches involvement. That might not happen for several more months.

I think the situation will play out itself. If this re-opening means a deluge of sick people, they will have no choice. The hope is that people go out with masks and gloves and just reduce the population of sick.
Based on what has been happening in much of the country where beaches, parks, restaurants, and other places where the public are now allowed to go. It appears that a large percentage of those individuals are ignoring the need for masks.
There are a lot of idiotic individuals who just don’t realize that this virus is going to be around killing people until a reliable vaccine is found. Vaccines usually take years to develop and it is very possible that a true vaccine for Covid19 could also take years to discover.
I certainly understand the need for people to get back to work and support themselves and their families but if everyone doesn’t take social distancing seriously and continue to wear masks, I think the second wave of this virus will be much worse than the first wave. That is what happened with the 1918 epidemic and as the saying goes, “If you don’t learn from the past you are doomed to repeat it”.

Back
Top Bottom