When does The Dolphins Diet hit the bookshelves? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When does The Dolphins Diet hit the bookshelves?

PhinPhan1227

Why is there a watermelon there?
Reaction score
Jesus, after reading about Larry Chester and then doing a Google search for stories about all the other Phin players who are in some sort of weight control program, I can't believe that Wayne H hasn't cashed in on this yet. Just a short list, it started with Daryl Gardener, then Ricky, then Jaime Nails, a couple of others, and now Chester. With all the fat that has been shed over the last three years, you could fill a whole new NFL roster :eek:

Hell, I lost 45 pounds in about 2.5 months, which is more impressive than Shawn Andrews or Chester because I was only about 225-230 to begin with (larger proportion of my weight lost). Absolutely no exercise needed either.

Agua said:
Hell, I lost 45 pounds in about 2.5 months, which is more impressive than Shawn Andrews or Chester because I was only about 225-230 to begin with (larger proportion of my weight lost). Absolutely no exercise needed either.
You're on Atkins, aren't you? :)

The Dolphins Diet

Cocaine's a hell of a drug! (it works great for boosting the metabolism, too!)

sorry, couldn't resist...

gobills2004 said:
Cocaine's a hell of a drug! (it works great for boosting the metabolism, too!)

sorry, couldn't resist...

:confused: :confused: how do you know that did some Bills player's try Cocaine and lost weight :lol: just joking

Dolfan954 said:
You're on Atkins, aren't you? :)

Nope. Beer. :D

It got old, but drank around six pack a night every night as an appetite suppressant; never ate during the day even before the diet, so I just ate 2 - 4 slices of deli sliced turkey with a gob of lettuce rolled up in the center.

I think I had soup 4 or 5 times, a tuna sandwich, and ate a couple of steaks during that 2.5 months.

Pretty severe diet, but I don't like to prolong the frickin' agony so I get it over with. Nice to not be drinking every damned night too.

Agua said:

It got old, but drank around six pack a night every night as an appetite suppressant; never ate during the day even before the diet, so I just ate 2 - 4 slices of deli sliced turkey with a gob of lettuce rolled up in the center.

I think I had soup 4 or 5 times, a tuna sandwich, and ate a couple of steaks during that 2.5 months.

Pretty severe diet, but I don't like to prolong the frickin' agony so I get it over with. Nice to not be drinking every damned night too.
BEER? How the hell? I figured that would make you fat from all the sugar alcohols...wow. :lol:

Beer, apparently, has some nutritional value. I would have gotten sick otherwise ( did take vitamins). It was Lite beer, but most of the weight from beer is like water weight gain and if you quit drinking for about three days, it burns off.

I'll add as well that about 4 weeks into the diet, I sort of started freaking out, being ignorant about nutritional stuff and I had panic attacks for three days in a row. I didn't realize what was causing them and thought it was my blood sugar being screwed up. I went to the emergency room and the physicians ran an EKG, MRI, tons of blood tests, a chest X-Ray, and an ultrasound in addition to a plain old office examination. The Doc told me it had to have been a panic attack because all my guts looked to be in excellent condition. Quite a relief as I hadn't been to a Dr. in probably 10 years and never had such a thorough examination. In any event, I brought all that crap up to get to the point that, apparently, beer & turkey, without exercise, is apparently a healthy diet. Odd, huh?

Agua said:

So, how DID you get picked to be on the next Survivor? :D

Agua said:

Lol...well, at least when your liver gives out you'll look good in the casket... :eek:

I know what you're talking about.

I have a cousin that has struggled with weight all his life. By being a Miami Dolphin fan, I heard about Ricky's weight loss and remembered Ricky talking about some type of "Blood Type Diet"..

Not exactly sure what he was talking about but I did do some searching and alot of medics have said there is no scientific backup for the "Blood Type Diet"..

I since then tried looking on Yahoo for links between Ricky and his weight loss as well as blood type. If anyone finds out let me know.

IT was an interview that I heard Ricky speak about it after a game. He said it was a life style, not a diet and he eats foods that are specifically good for his blood type and saying that everyone is different and something to that sort. I haven't tried e-mailing Ricky about it or anything, but it would be a wise thing to do cuz I haven't found ANYTHING on it.

Ricky and several of the other Dolphin players have used a diet developed by nutritionist Dr. Sari Mellman. Mellman starts off by doing extensive blood tests on the participant and determines which foods are digested more easily than others. She then puts them on a diet where they are restricted to only a few foods for a two-week period -- for Ricky, it was pork, chickpeas, and something else. Then they start to slowly add back in other foods, closely monitoring their reactions to identify if certain foods are the source of biological complications. To borrow a computer metaphor, it's kind of like dealing with a bad sector on a hard drive by initializing it and reinstalling the programs.

You can probably do a web search on "Sari Mellman" and find more detailed information, including contact info. My dad has had chronic and severe food allergies for about 30 years and has considered going on her program.

The EASY way to lose weight... get someone to give you millions of dollars if you succeed. I guarantee almost everyone with that motivation is going to find a way to get it done. It is not the magic "diet" that is making them lose weight while the average american "can't", it's that they are more motivated to do so, and stick with their diet and excercise programs because of it. (It doesn't hurt that they don't have "real jobs" and have nothing to do but spend time excercising and can pay a nutritionist/dietician to prepare all their meals for them.)

Back
Top Bottom