When Dolphins knew they had something special with Waddle and why a Miami coach laughs now | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Dolphins knew they had something special with Waddle and why a Miami coach laughs now

Not quite. If you take away their leading rusher, which is Hurts with 600+yds, they still have 300 more rushing yards than us. They have a better OL and they keep defenses honest. That’s the recipe for getting 14ypc in case you forgot because you have been a lifelong Dolphins fan. You can’t just run your receiver into triple coverage and expect him to go up and make a play on a timed throw. That doesn’t work. We tried and got picked off 4 times. Lol
Wentz was getting killed back behind that line when he was there. If you watch the Eagles I don't know if Hurts gets one opportunity to throw the ball without having to dodge someone.

People want Waddle to go deep and I get that. But he’s as quick as he is fast and that’s not necessarily common. So, if you’ve got 3rd and 6 and you need six yards with a quick hitter because your line can’t sustain blocking, Waddle is as good as it gets.

Smith or Waddle was a good choice because Tua has history with them and knows their in/outs. I wouldn't have drafted Pitts because we had Gesieki. Think he is a good tightend.

I couldn;t believe he got ran down the other day. I was expecting him to take it to the house for sure.
This isn’t college where he was running by 90% of guys that weren’t making to the NFL. Plus one of the defenders had an angle that required him to slow down allowing the trailing guy to catch up.

It happens.

Smith or Waddle was a good choice because Tua has history with them and knows their in/outs. I wouldn't have drafted Pitts because we had Gesieki. Think he is a good tightend.
Miami ran a lot of 12 man (two TE sets) Pitts and Gesicki on the field together would have been a disaster matchup for most teams. In reality, it would have been like adding 2 big WR's on the field in addition to our other receivers. Same as what the Pats did with Gronk and Hernandez and we all know how well that worked...

Good perspective! It also says to be that we need at least one more play maker on offense on this team. Ideally a good #2. I guess techincally if Parker can get back on the field and actually stay healthy then it provides that three headed monster.
If we have learned anything at all, it's that you can't depend on Parker. I like the guy, but anything you get has to be considered a bonus at this point. Can't plan anything around him.

This isn’t college where he was running by 90% of guys that weren’t making to the NFL. Plus one of the defenders had an angle that required him to slow down allowing the trailing guy to catch up.

It happens.
This👆, as well it's not like Jackson who caught Waddle is slow himself. Jackson ran a 4.32 forty and before Waddle slowed up it looked like he was going to walk away from him.

Wentz was getting killed back behind that line when he was there. If you watch the Eagles I don't know if Hurts gets one opportunity to throw the ball without having to dodge someone.
It might not seem like it but he actually has one of the highest pocket times in the NFL. He does extend a lot of plays but he gets a clean pocket about 30% longer than Tua. And about 10% more than the ideal 2.5 seconds teams hope for. Believe it or not that’s a lifetime to a QB.

His pressure % is slightly higher than Tua’s but that just means he holds onto the ball a little longer. Which is what you need to do to look downfield. But like I said, he has over a half second longer in the pocket to make a play. He’s at 2.7 seconds and Tua is at 2.1. Tua was at 1.8 a few weeks ago. So the line is playing better by comparison but it’s nowhere near the league average still. And I believe Miami has the most pass plays over 50yards since they started their win streak.

The point is Waddle and Tua are doing more with less and in time those plays will come more frequently. It’s kind of like eating your dinner off the floor. It’s not as enjoyable but it doesn’t make the food taste worse. Let’s set the table for our best players and then we can sit down and enjoy what we have.

If we have learned anything at all, it's that you can't depend on Parker. I like the guy, but anything you get has to be considered a bonus at this point. Can't plan anything around him.

Oh i agree with you 100% and i was referring to the rest of the season. Parker is dead to me after this season. Dolphins should do everything in their power to get a guy like Gallup away from the Cowboys and draft a high end talent.

Fuller, Parker, Williams all should be gone going forward.

iu
:NUTS:

Oh i agree with you 100% and i was referring to the rest of the season. Parker is dead to me after this season. Dolphins should do everything in their power to get a guy like Gallup away from the Cowboys and draft a high end talent.

Fuller, Parker, Williams all should be gone going forward.
I think if they could, they would prefer to trade Parker. Not that much cap space gained in cutting him outright. Even so, I'm fine with doing it.

At this point, there is more value in giving a younger player the roster spot, even if it is a bit of a "developmental" situation.

We also have Bowden coming back next season, for what that's worth.

I think if they could, they would prefer to trade Parker. Not that much cap space gained in cutting him outright. Even so, I'm fine with doing it.

At this point, there is more value in giving a younger player the roster spot, even if it is a bit of a "developmental" situation.

We also have Bowden coming back next season, for what that's worth.
I'd agree. Gimme Waddle, Bowden, Hollins, and bring in Renfrow in a pick trade, and draft a kid...and keep Gesicki around. Could possibly get a draft pick for DVP but I don't believe it'd be a decent one...but I hate constantly relying on the guy just to be let down...EVERY year. Can't have your top guy (2nd with Waddle around IMO) be that unreliable.

Agreed 100%. Pitts would've been a luxury pick. We already have a top 10 TE, IMO. Personally I would've stayed at 12 or gone Sewell at 6, but I'm not mad at the Waddle pick at all. He looks like a gamer that's going to be great Dolphin for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom