When Dolphins knew they had something special with Waddle and why a Miami coach laughs now | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Dolphins knew they had something special with Waddle and why a Miami coach laughs now

The people always focusing on “cost” never cease to amuse. Not only that, these people can never seem add, subtract or account very well. I hope their spouse balances their checkbook.

Several of these goofballs forget that MIA traded down from 3 specifically to get Waddle at 6. Thus the 1st they traded to get back up from 12 to 6 wasn’t a true cost. And they still ended up with extra assets after both trades.

But yet here they are whining about ”cost”.

Lastly, MIA could have had ANY of the receivers at 3 w/o having to move around at all. Should they have just selected Waddle (or Pitts or Smith or Chase) there and not landed the extra assets?

I’m sure these math deficient fans wouldn’t be whining about that either, right? SMH.
Wow man, you managed to call people goofballs, whiners, soy boys, AND insulted their ability to do math all in one post. Nice work.

The fact of the matter is that the Dolphins did not trade back from 3 to 6 specifically to get Waddle, they traded up from 12 to 6 specifically to get Waddle. And even after the trade up, has there been any acknowledgement by the Dolphins that they would've still picked Waddle if Chase or Pitts were still there? I've seen some Dolphins Draft Boards and they had Waddle 3rd behind Pitts and then Chase.

The cost of making this trade, which was a choice, not a necessity, will be approximately 2 top 12 draft picks and a 4th round pick. Not only is that a lot to trade for a Waddle type receiver, it's probably the most any team has traded to draft a WR in NFL history. The only thing comparable was when the Falcons traded #27, #59 and a 4th in 2011, and #22 and a 4th in 2012 to move up from #27 to #6 to pick Julio Jones in 2011. Think about that, the Falcons traded arguably less than we did to move up 21 spots compared to our 6 to draft a first ballot HOF WR.

I'm not saying Waddle does not have the ability to become a perennial Pro-Bowler, I'm just saying the cost to select him was extraordinarily and historically high when you look at the trade up to get him independent of the initial trade down.

Regardless, what's done is done and it looks like we picked a great player.

Last edited:
Wow man, you managed to call people goofballs, whiners, soy boys, AND insulted their ability to do math all in one post. Nice work.

The fact of the matter is that the Dolphins did not trade back from 3 to 6 specifically to get Waddle, they traded up from 12 to 6 specifically to get Waddle. And even after the trade up, has there been any acknowledgement by the Dolphins that they would've still picked Waddle if Chase or Pitts were still there? I've seen some Dolphins Draft Boards and they had Waddle 3rd behind Pitts and then Chase.

The cost of making this trade, which was a choice, not a necessity, will be approximately 2 top 12 draft picks and a 4th round pick. Not only is that a lot to trade for a Waddle type receiver, it's probably the most any team has traded to draft a WR in NFL history. The only thing comparable was when the Falcons traded #27, #59 and a 4th in 2011, and #22 and a 4th in 2012 to move up from #27 to #6 to pick Julio Jones in 2011. Think about that, the Falcons traded arguably less than we did to move up 21 spots compared to our 6 to draft a first ballot HOF WR.

I'm not saying Waddle does not have the ability to become a perennial Pro-Bowler, I'm just saying the cost to select him was extraordinarily and historically high when you look at the trade up to get him independent of the initial trade down.

Regardless, what's done is done and it looks like we picked a great player.

So stay at #3

Pick Chase

Mic drop

No assets

You are right tho they had to get a WR they screwed up in so many other areas

I will take the assets and Waddle thanks - my QB development is more important than anything else at this point

So stay at #3

Pick Chase

Mic drop

No assets

You are right tho they had to get a WR they screwed up in so many other areas

I will take the assets and Waddle thanks - my QB development is more important than anything else at this point
Or get Waddle @ 12, high amount of assets gained in addition.

Mic drop.

Caveat: If they had a line on some other team wanting to snag Waddle, then.

Mic drop.

For what it’s worth, I do vaguely remember a rumor that the Giants were looking to take Waddle at…. 10? 11? Which may have some truth to it, as they traded down and took Toney, who is like the store brand version of Waddle

Mic drop.

There’s no way Waddle would have been there at 12. The Eagles moved up to get Smith. Which tells me that another team wanted one of the top 3 WRs in this class. And Waddle and Chase were considered the top 2 by many teams. If we stayed at 12 we don’t get a WR period. IMO

For what it’s worth, I do vaguely remember a rumor that the Giants were looking to take Waddle at…. 10? 11? Which may have some truth to it, as they traded down and took Toney, who is like the store brand version of Waddle
I do realize a trade would have needed to done to jump in front of the Giants like the Eagles did

If that would've happened, Micah Parsons would've been a nice consolation prize for us at 12.

It's arguable which would've been better for us, some combo of Parsons, Najee Harris/ Kadarius Toney/ Elijah Moore (because Toney or Moore would obviously do better on the Dolphins due to having a much better QB than the Jets or Giants do, right?), and an extra first - or Waddle and Phillips. Personally I'd prefer the Parsons combo, but it's perfectly understandable if people prefer Waddle and Phillips.

J Williams would be another nice addition too dolphins..go back bama and get another one of them wr again at bama..they play big time football..

Back
Top Bottom