When The K Is One Of Your Better Draft Picks . . . | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When The K Is One Of Your Better Draft Picks . . .

craps

Active Roster
Reaction score
was wondering if you'd rather have minkah over josh rosen right now, then saw his 11/14, nvm

minkah posted a CAV of 4 . . . 13 1stR taken after . . . edmunds, james and LVE 9, 10, 11
4 of the first 5 players taken in the second round also posted a better number
. . . jerome baker, the third rounder, was our best pick

5 offensive linemen taken in the 2nd round destroyed our 2ndR pick

what gives, outside of JB, are these guys not players

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/draft.htm

was wondering if you'd rather have minkah over josh rosen right now, then saw his 11/14, nvm

minkah posted a CAV of 4 . . . 13 1stR taken after . . . edmunds, james and LVE 9, 10, 11

That was hard to get through.

1) Stop looking at draft results after one year.

2) Minkah Fitzpatrick is a stud. I wouldn't trade him for Josh Rosen and Josh Rosen's mom.

3) Josh Rosen was selected at number 10, and was therefore unavailable when we picked, even if we were interested in selecting him instead of Minkah.

What was that mumbled mess? cav? What the heck is cav?

Rosen hasn’t even looked all that good, just people wanting ANY other qb.

Minkah is going to be a stud.

But uhhh yeah an OL instead of mike gesicki probably would’ve been an A+ pick

so, the near double-digit scores by others, drafted much later no less, matters not

our young players consistently underperform . . . but that minkah

he could be the greatest ever , , , why only a 4

3rdR pick Justin reid had that

so, the near double-digit scores by others, drafted much later no less, matters not

Minkah never got settled into a role. He may play several positions in the future, but he never had a plan cut out for him. A good D.C. will get the best out of him. Burke just put him here and there w/ no greater plan

I'm not really sure what you're talking about, but perhaps we're discussing a rookie who was asked to play slot corner, boundary corner, free safety (and possibly even strong safety)?

We picked the wrong TE in the second round. We should’ve known too. This guy Gisecki is just too slight and not filled out enough. Maybe he will grow into it but man he needs to seriously hit the weight room hard. And the HGH.

I have no issue with Minkah but he needs a set position. I hope this staff figures that out. You can’t judge Rosen after a year. Same as you couldn’t judge Goff or others. We will see how he ends up.

Baker definitely flashed and he can build on it. He needs to take the next step and the step after that. All these guys we draft that end up “nice players” for 7 years (ala Koa Misi) isn’t enough. We need difference makers.

Yeah, this thread is nonsense. Not only does 1 season not make a career, every intelligent Dolphins fan knows that Minkah wasn’t utilized properly. Let’s see how things play out if/when that actually happens.

"Getting approximate values for defensive players proved to be quite a bit tougher than I had anticipated. What I've ended up with is a method that seems pretty sloppy, with lots of arbitrary "add three points for this" and "multiply this times 1.6" sort of rules." Posted by Doug on April 10, 2008

This is from the creator of that stat himself, the founder of PFR... So yeah, its just a single tick over useless...

Honestly it is incredibly hard to evaluate either the offense or the defense from 2018 since we had two inept coaches calling plays and completely underutilizing skill players in position.

Hell, I'm not even sure the OL or DL are completely to blame with Gase and Burke being idiots all year and not switching scheme's.

It will be nice to hopefully see players playing positions they are accustomed too and they can ride or die on that instead of trying to fill some **** wide nine scheme or 3rd down wildcat.

No, but I'd have taken Mason Rudolph in the second or third. (Although I do like the Baker pick)

Back
Top Bottom