When The K Is One Of Your Better Draft Picks . . . | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When The K Is One Of Your Better Draft Picks . . .

Best rookie was on d Darius Leonard although he didn’t have a great game Saturday by any means.

If you look hard enough you can find who had the highest grade on him on this site.

It’s a heck of a rookie class on d though that’s for sure. And it looks like it’s gonna be a quality qb one too.

It’s the best overall rookie class I’ve seen in a while

19s gonna have to do work to surpass it. It’s a great off the los lb class

Minkah is never going to get the recognition he deserves because he played all over the place including out of position. Once he settles into a spot he is going to be a hell of a player.

Ehh Minkah wasn’t top 5 def rookie of the year worthy

It’s ok to say it. The class is just that good

No, but I'd have taken Mason Rudolph in the second or third. (Although I do like the Baker pick)
Once Roethlisberger retires and the Steelers will have Rudolph developed we will say "we missed out". Though I am not unhappy with Baker but we can get LB prospects in the later rounds, undrafted FAs or the garbage pile of other teams after cuts much easier than finding potential franchise QB prospects.
That was a major **** up last year.

Once Roethlisberger retires and the Steelers will have Rudolph developed we will say "we missed out". Though I am not unhappy with Baker but we can get LB prospects in the later rounds, undrafted FAs or the garbage pile of other teams after cuts much easier than finding potential franchise QB prospects.
That was a major **** up last year.

You might be able to argue that failing to take Rudolph cost Gase his job.

Yeah, its a stretch, but if you think about it, we dont get osweiler and at the very least, get to look at Rudolph for a few games this season. If he played well, maybe the whole "rebuild" thing doesnt happen.

If he sucks...well....we can say he needs time to develop.

If he is Jamarcus Russell bad, well.....Gase losses his job anyway. lol.

You might be able to argue that failing to take Rudolph cost Gase his job.

Yeah, its a stretch, but if you think about it, we dont get osweiler and at the very least, get to look at Rudolph for a few games this season. If he played well, maybe the whole "rebuild" thing doesnt happen.

If he sucks...well....we can say he needs time to develop.

If he is Jamarcus Russell bad, well.....Gase losses his job anyway. lol.
Even with Osweiler we may have gotten a good look at Rudolph.

I knew last year that we would not trade up for any QB. I was pretty high on Rudolph and expected him to go in the second round. From the 3rd round I normally only update myself on picks via a sports app and watch the Dolphins picks live but when he fell into the third I was watching every pick.
When it was our turn I was sure we take him. But goodness this franchise is just so anti-drafting a QB even when one falls into their lap. When the Steelers picked him I said to myself "Mother****ers, either Roethlisberger is retiring in a couple years or they will pull a Packers/Favre on Roethlisberger in a couple of years."

How can you not take a guy like that in the 3rd round? How can you not?

When asked his opinion of Gesicki this week, Randy McMichael said GIVE HIM TIME! I concur. I like the Minkah pick then and now. We FINALLY have a real free safety! Would have been perfect if the FO didn't screw things up and neglect corner while they EXTENDED our 2nd strong safety.

I thought Leighton Vander Esch had a great year but I don't know that I would trade.

Yeah, this thread is nonsense. Not only does 1 season not make a career, every intelligent Dolphins fan knows that Minkah wasn’t utilized properly. Let’s see how things play out if/when that actually happens.
How do you think he should be utilized?

was wondering if you'd rather have minkah over josh rosen right now, then saw his 11/14, nvm

minkah posted a CAV of 4 . . . 13 1stR taken after . . . edmunds, james and LVE 9, 10, 11
4 of the first 5 players taken in the second round also posted a better number
. . . jerome baker, the third rounder, was our best pick

5 offensive linemen taken in the 2nd round destroyed our 2ndR pick

what gives, outside of JB, are these guys not players

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/draft.htm

VERY APPROPRIATE USER NAME

How do you think he should be utilized?

Well, firstly, he needed to play more. He was off the field far too often.

Also, there was a lot of debate on this board whether he should play safety or nickel slot corner. But one thing almost universally accepted is that boundary corner wasn't the best fit (even though he's talented and can do a lot of things).

Back
Top Bottom