When was the last time the Dolphins actually OVERachieved? think about it.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When was the last time the Dolphins actually OVERachieved? think about it..

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
It seems as though Miami over the last several years have either underachieved or played about as well as everyone thought that they would, they NEVER surpass expectations. I agree with pretty much everyone else that Wannstedt is the biggest reason, but I just wish some day the players will have the heart and mind to exceed what people think that they can do.

The last time I can remember the Dolphins overachieved expectations was 1996. We had a rag-tag, young defense and rookie RB's and we managed to upset a couple teams and finish 8-8. I wish this current team had that kind of heart and effort.

I really, honestly believe that something drastic has to happen for this team to wake up. They have proved that they are the "nicest team" in the league. They don't want to offend anyone, they treat their players with kid gloves. That's a nice policy on paper, but it has created a team with no fear of making mistakes. They consistenly have killer penalties that cause the team to self destruct.

If Sam Madison has to be benched to get his butt in gear than so be it. If Donald Lee has to be waived for making mental mistakes, so be it. If Jim Bates has to be fired for not knowing how to utilize his players and consistenly being outcoached, so be it.

DO SOMETHING DRASTIC TO WAKE THIS TEAM UP!!

We don't need to do anything to wake them up, this has woken them up.

That game against Seattle that we won in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom