When was the last time we had.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When was the last time we had....

PhinFan0202

Alriiigghht miaaammi!!!
Reaction score
A safety that actually put fear in the hearts of the receivers that go over the middle? You look at teams with safeties like Roy Williams, Rodney Harrison, and Sean Taylor receivers get killed. After taking hits over the middle receivers start dropping passes. Any thoughts?

PhinFan0202 said:
A safety that actually put fear in the hearts of the receivers that go over the middle? You look at teams with safeties like Roy Williams, Rodney Harrison, and Sean Taylor receivers get killed. After taking hits over the middle receivers start dropping passes. Any thoughts?

None in the past decade or so. We really haven't had a hard hitting strong safety.

who in this draft would do that? Huff would but he's long gone when we pick

id love simpson, huff (trade up for :)), witnier (SP), to name a few with Bell/cooper at SS

PhinFan0202 said:
The safety from Georgia i herd hits pretty hard..

Greg Blue, hits hard but sometimes fails to wrap up.

Blue, Slay, Bing are all pretty notorious hard hitters

Dwayne Slay is a very hard hitter but VERY slow...Blue also only ran a 4.7 i believe...Bing i think is underrated and I think Whitner will be very good...

I think Bing is over-rated. He takes bad angles and almost always is behind in his coverage. Also, I don't think the fins system is set up for specificly designed players, i.e. the two cbs cover, the FS plays center field, and the SS is the enforcer. Seems like Saban's system favors flexibility in coverage with solid tacklers at every position. If we take Bing, I will be very disappointed.

Man, every time I think of what Ronnie Lott did for the niners. Any guy that will have a body part cut off so he can get back to the game is ok by me. And Polamolua (spell) who can deny the impact he's made in Pittsburg?

Kyfinsfan said:
I think Bing is over-rated. He takes bad angles and almost always is behind in his coverage. Also, I don't think the fins system is set up for specificly designed players, i.e. the two cbs cover, the FS plays center field, and the SS is the enforcer. Seems like Saban's system favors flexibility in coverage with solid tacklers at every position. If we take Bing, I will be very disappointed.

:yes: Couldn't agree more!!!

Back
Top Bottom