When were you this happy about a draft pick? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When were you this happy about a draft pick?

Fan since ‘82, but didn’t follow the draft too closely at that age. So I wasn’t even this excited about Marino. I was pretty damn excited when I saw him play in ‘83, though.

So I’d say my answer is...never.

Been happy about picks in the past for sure, but never this happy. I wasn't high on Tannehill coming out of college, and was born in '85 so I wasn't around when Marino was drafted.

Minkah Fitzpatrick, knew he was going to be an All-Pro by his second season. It’s just too bad it wasn’t for us.

After all the bad luck in drafting QB's or not drafting them, i think we had to pick Tua. He's worth the risk but he's still a very big risk cuzz we all know he may not even last half a year.

So for me , the pick makes me very nervous and anxious.

Definitely Marino. I remember when he beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl and I just loved his game. He had the bad year as a Senior, but I never thought he'd drop like he would in the draft. Shula pounced on him and David Woodley was out of a job six games into 1983.

I was thrilled they picked Tannehill. Even though we all knew there was a decent chance he wouldn't pan out the simple act of taking a quarterback with that much potential was exciting. Tua may be far more talented but the draft is all about the unknown. Tannehill offered that in spades.

It seems like a great many of the more exciting prospects the Phins have drafted over the years have failed to live up to expectations. Dion Jordan and Yatil Green are two that come to mind.

Jason Taylor. I wanted Miami to pick him up with the second round pick in the 97 draft and he fell to the third round. So they got Sam Madison in the second and Taylor.

I can't think of any. Been a dolphins fan since around 92.

I remember passing up on Drew Brees to select Fletcher! I was not happy. We could have at least traded our pick to the Chargers and then taken crappy Fletcher.

I am very happy the Fins took Tua and I would have been even more happy if they would have taken Ruiz-but maybe they feel they are going to be good enough at the center position this year. The Fins never really take who you think they are going to take. Hopefully things will work out this year.

Not this happy in long time.

I'll admit I was blindsided when we traded up for Dion Jordan (instead of Lane Johnson I think), then I was stoked at the thought of him and prime Wake hunting for Brady. Ah well, too good to be true.

I am ok with our pick but have not felt really soked about a dolphin first round pick since Darryl Gardner. Troy Vincent may have bene my most stoked.
Most years I just hate our picks . Least favorite pick was Jamar Fletcher when we had major needs elsewhere

I was crazy excited for Dion Jordan, that was the last time I was this excited. I'm hoping my excitement brings me more joy this time around lol.

The draft wasn't a big thing with me in the 80s or 90s. If they worked out, I would hear there resume, but really didnt care.

I just wanted to win.

We also didnt have bottled water or smart phones.

Tua is by far my favorite. But I was super pumped when we got Devante Parker I really really wanted him. And was so happy he fell to us and we got him

Back
Top Bottom