When Will We Start Making Cuts Officially? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Will We Start Making Cuts Officially?

Jay131866

Scout Team
Reaction score
Does anyone know when cuts are usually announced? I have seen a few across the league already, but was wondering when we can expect to hear about the Dolphins moves?

Also, anyone have an idea if the new coordinators will ever be hosting a presser? I thought they usually do when announced as new hires but I guess I was wrong.

We just hired the staff, season just ended so probably taking some time off. then have to come together as a staff to dicuss schemes and goals. Then have to watch film and evaluate players, then have to sit with Greer and the capologist and discuss the cuts, and costs.

Long story short, it might be a little while before we start seeing major moves.

Last edited:
The logical time for most teams, I would think, would be after the draft, before mini camp.

We just hired the staff, season just ending probably taking some time off. then have to come together as a staff to dicussion schemes and goals. Then have to watch film and evaluate players, then have to sit with Greer and the capologist and discuss the cuts, and costs.

Long story short, it might be a little while before we start seeing major moves.

Let's pray they get it right.

I'll start with the first cut.

Tannehill was so ineffective at leading the Dolphins offense this year that during the last week of practice the defense got bored and walked off the field.

Miami's offense finally scored 4 drives later. A 50 yard FG.

Players not under contract are free as of midnight 3/13. If you want to cut someone who's under contract for 2019(RT, Parker, Quinn, etc) you have to do it before then

Tannehill was so ineffective at leading the Dolphins offense this year that during the last week of practice the defense got bored and walked off the field.

Yep. Personally, I was at my most angry with that holding call on 2nd and 10 during the third drive.

Exaggerate much? I saw no evidence Tannehill lead the offense anywhere or at all.

Only cuts you will see are either out of contract or players who are under contract with roster bonuses coming up and no takers for trades etc. Most of the cuts come closer to March or early March just before FA or in the early stages of FA.

Until March 11 teams are not even allowed to enter in negotiations with other players, their agents or teams for any possible trades.

March 13 is the big day.

Bobby blown coverage and contain mccain

I don’t remember a player getting an extension that was more head scratching.

You might, so remind me.

I actually doubted my own evaluation because of his extension. Not that I wanted to be right. I’m proud to be a homer.

Last edited:

As predictable as the sunrise :good:

Back
Top Bottom