When Will We Start Making Cuts Officially? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Will We Start Making Cuts Officially?

If they make all of those moves it will be full on tank mode.

Don't really think that's the best way for Flores to start his tenure, and I doubt he/Grier will allow it to happen.

This team can rebuild and compete in 2019, but not without an offensive line and QB.

I would strongly consider tagging James myself.
I like this statement. 7-9 team last yr. u have to be careful. some of these player need go but I wouldn't rush to let all of them go at one time. there is no need to rush to change everything in one yr. you still need win some games as HC. your not going be N.E in one yr.

I like this statement. 7-9 team last yr. u have to be careful. some of these player need go but I wouldn't rush to let all of them go at one time. there is no need to rush to change everything in one yr. you still need win some games as HC. your not going be N.E in one yr.

I think the transition tag makes sense for James, if we let him walk like it's nothing and bring in no one it's gonna be a s*** show up front lol.

I think the transition tag makes sense for James, if we let him walk like it's nothing and bring in no one it's gonna be a s*** show up front lol.
with James he is not great but not bad. he will be best right tackle in free agent this yr. he is going get paid either way. so is X. if we let them go. we must replace them.
so I would keep them for now. nfl contract are not guarantee anyway. It all depend on how good dolphins can draft going forward. what they have been doing in past draft is cost dolphins lot money. they have been useding f/a to cover up mistake in draft. where not on same level as LAC, steelers and N.E. When it come to replacing good guy on roster yet.

Last edited:
There are certainly players that need to go (Branch, Quinn, etc.) becasue they are simply not worth their contract.

James is one player I am very concerned about though.

People say he's soft or whatever, but he's gonna get PAID on the market because he is very valuable even if Dolfans don't understand.

I think he's much better than Morgan Moses in Washington who's making bank because of how hard it is to find good tackles, sure would be nice to have decent bookends for the foreseeable future.

The idea of intentionally sucking for a year doesn’t work for me, especially before the draft.

You can't change culture with half-measures.

Athletes respect leadership. If you come in and announce a plan, there will be some attrition, but you didn't want them holding you back any way.

Real professionals respect decision making. Tell them you are rebuilding. Explain there will be cuts. Explain what is needed in a player. And explain what you expect in your team.

You don't worry about short term. You only want people who want to be here. Stand by your convictions as a leader and THAT will draw athletes to your organization.

When you start making concessions, you undermine yourself. The plan has already failed.

This is not about Ju'wuan James. This is about a philosophical shift in the organization.

Don't keep him because you are afraid of creating holes. Keep him because he is the RT you need. If so, make him an offer that reflects his value in your scheme.

If he walks, let him.

You can't get married to a player. Everytime you do, your entire team is sacrificed.

Even Brady sacrifices for the betterment of the team.

We need to understand the way we have done things does not work. Change it all

Close to...or north of $13M for the transition tag in 2019, I believe. I don't see it for a one year investment when they seem to be thinking long term.

He is going to get a big offer anyway that we will not likely match.

Have to stop overpaying for players who are not great.

Close to...or north of $13M for the transition tag in 2019, I believe. I don't see it for a one year investment when they seem to be thinking long term.

He is going to get a big offer anyway that we will not likely match.

Have to stop overpaying for players who are not great.

That's fine, then sign the LT from the Patriots as he is a FA and it's slim pickens out there.

We are probably going to go QB or DE in round 1, our interior offenisve line is already weak so if we fail to replace James the oline will likely continue to be a problem for many more years to come (as if it hasn't been long enough already).

Tannehill has his shortcomings as a QB, but the organization has not helped him at all with the Critical offensive line.

Now that RT is old by NFL standards with practically no success he's an afterthought, but I hope whoever Miami chooses as their next QB doesn't get f***** up like RT did because the line is ALWAYS a problem.

You can't change culture with half-measures.

Athletes respect leadership. If you come in and announce a plan, there will be some attrition, but you didn't want them holding you back any way.

Real professionals respect decision making. Tell them you are rebuilding. Explain there will be cuts. Explain what is needed in a player. And explain what you expect in your team.

You don't worry about short term. You only want people who want to be here. Stand by your convictions as a leader and THAT will draw athletes to your organization.

When you start making concessions, you undermine yourself. The plan has already failed.

This is not about Ju'wuan James. This is about a philosophical shift in the organization.

Don't keep him because you are afraid of creating holes. Keep him because he is the RT you need. If so, make him an offer that reflects his value in your scheme.

If he walks, let him.

You can't get married to a player. Everytime you do, your entire team is sacrificed.

Even Brady sacrifices for the betterment of the team.

We need to understand the way we have done things does not work. Change it all
I have been doing study of dolphins. the main problems with dolphins is lack of depth. Second problems is Coach and GM never be on same page. dolphins is cause of their own problems. Weather dolphins win or lose they play hard every week. we have been in playoff hunt almost every yr until last week of nfl season.

That's fine, then sign the LT from the Patriots as he is a FA and it's slim pickens out there.

We are probably going to go QB or DE in round 1, our interior offenisve line is already weak so if we fail to replace James the oline will likely continue to be a problem for many more years to come (as if it hasn't been long enough already).

Tannehill has his shortcomings as a QB, but the organization has not helped him at all with the Critical offensive line.

Now that RT is old by NFL standards with practically no success he's an afterthought, but I hope whoever Miami chooses as their next QB doesn't get f***** up like RT did because the line is ALWAYS a problem.

I'd be ok with that depending on the price tag. He is young and coming off a good year. He will likely want to stay on the left side for more money though. I think he is expendable in NE because they want to put Isaiah Wynn at LT. The guy is a mammoth (6'8 380). Could end up with a huge contract as well.

I'd be ok with that depending on the price tag. He is young and coming off a good year. He will likely want to stay on the left side for more money though. I think he is expendable in NE because they want to put Isaiah Wynn at LT. The guy is a mammoth (6'8 380). Could end up with a huge contract as well.

Whatever they do, they gotta improve the Oline.

Don't see anything wrong with doing everything they can (within reason) to keep James myself, tackles are becoming more and more valuable by the year it seems and James is good enough.

yes I understand ur point. key word they got somebody waiting. dolphins doesn't have depth like N.E have. that why we struggle second have of season last yr. when players start getting hurt.

As will X, the front office has to try harder to keep its best young players or this team will never go anywhere.

They should just make x highest paid unless they think their new scheme in coverage can offset talent.

Which they may. I kinda think they are gonna think that on the edge up front on d anyways.

But they did pay Gilmore top shelf money at the time to be their #1.

So we will see.

Sounds like James is gonna price himself out of Miami.

They were also exploring trade options for him last year so it's not like they didn't know. Buffalo and Jets could be options for him. I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami re-sign Sam Young and roll with him for a year until they can add a RT in 2020.

If the plan is to tank to get left handed Tua in 2020, would anybody here actually feel comfortable with James protecting your shiny new franchise's blind side?

Back
Top Bottom