When will we start using Minor the right way? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When will we start using Minor the right way?

Mistaquiji

Scout Team
Reaction score
Sure he's a decent kick returner, good at special teams, and is a good 3rd down back, but when are we gonna start throwing the ball to this guy. I think he has the cabability to be the second best runningback/reciever behind Brian Westbrook. He needs more looks in 2005 Carrying the ball alittle more and then at times audible the play and put him on a recieving route. I still remeber the time he made that diving catch in the end zone vs buffalo in 2002...now how many runningbacks can do that???

He's the second coming of Marshall Faulk.
</sarcasm>

He can catch though, I'll give you that. Maybe with Linehan's offense we'll give him some screens and a few catches every game.

erm... i kinda agree to an extent.

He is not marshall faulk and he is not brian westbrook... but he can catch the ball, as could Konrad, we just never utilised them.

It be nice if he could play a role like Kevin Faulk.

Also, Minor is a swing back who can jun it to the outside, not someone like Ricky who can pound it through people. That's why it never made sense to me that we would always call plays that sent Minor up the middle and very few plays to the outside. I guess it's just more 'wad' ball.

FinSinceBirth said:
Also, Minor is a swing back who can jun it to the outside, not someone like Ricky who can pound it through people. That's why it never made sense to me that we would always call plays that sent Minor up the middle and very few plays to the outside. I guess it's just more 'wad' ball.

That was one of Dave's favorite things last year, and even Bates did it too. It always puzzled me to see them slamming Minor up the middle, when he is clearly an East-West type runner, almost a scat back...not a North-South power guy...He can be a very effective player if used correctly. Based on what we saw last year he can't carry the load of being a featured back but he can be a nice complementary and third down back to someone who is more of a power runner.

gofishn said:
That was one of Dave's favorite things last year, and even Bates did it too. It always puzzled me to see them slamming Minor up the middle, when he is clearly an East-West type runner, almost a scat back...not a North-South power guy...He can be a very effective player if used correctly. Based on what we saw last year he can't carry the load of being a featured back but he can be a nice complementary and third down back to someone who is more of a power runner.

That's why I'm really glad Bates and Wanny are gone, because their mentality was line our guy against yours and let the better guy win. But the NFL is now more strategic and schemes. Good riddance and thank god for Saban.

We'll start using him the right way when he mraculously changes his ability. Not likely.

When will we start using Minor the right way?

The second we cut him. :evil:

Mistaquiji said:
Sure he's a decent kick returner, good at special teams, and is a good 3rd down back, but when are we gonna start throwing the ball to this guy. I think he has the cabability to be the second best runningback/reciever behind Brian Westbrook. He needs more looks in 2005 Carrying the ball alittle more and then at times audible the play and put him on a recieving route. I still remeber the time he made that diving catch in the end zone vs buffalo in 2002...now how many runningbacks can do that???

Don't be so sure they will use him at all this year. If they draft a Rb, as many mock drafts have them taking one of the three, he will be looking for work sometime in August.

I think you forgot about Ladian Tomilson.....He's a much better receiving back then Brian Westbrook. :shakeno: :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom