Where are todays Joey bashers? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where are todays Joey bashers?

harrington is a bum. he is not a playmaker. watch the playoffs. the teams there will have QBs that are capable of making big plays. the only big plays harrington has ever made are for the other team. that's why he has more career INTs than TDs.

Complete team win. Yeah he is streaky as all qbs can be from time to time. He did not make dumb dumb mistakes and managed the game well. He is after all a very average qb. But know what WE WON SO TAKE THE GOOD WITH THE BAD.

Harrington can be summed up in two plays today. As bad as what should have been an easy completion to a wide open (if memory serves correct without looking at the TIVO replay Chambers) was overthrown by a mile for a could be crucial 1st down with 6:20 in 3rd qtr was as good as the incredible threading the needle throw to Booker to set up one of our TDS in 4th qtr. He is up and he is down. That is what non franchise intended to be a back up qb does. He was good enough to help us win and for the time being kudos to Joey H. and the rest of the team.

What today showed me was that Joey fans don't get to complain about popped up interceptions anymore because he's certainly collecting on the bail-out TDs.

Brady is having his worst season as a pro. Those that follow and analyze the Patriots closely, know this for truth.

thecoordinator said:
harrington is a bum. he is not a playmaker. watch the playoffs. the teams there will have QBs that are capable of making big plays. the only big plays harrington has ever made are for the other team. that's why he has more career INTs than TDs.

And I am sure If culpepper was still in there that we would be going to the playoffs right. And he would be making big plays. Well none of that happened when he was in there. Which is why Joey is in there .. That and Culpepper trying to over come an injury which could hamper him the rest of his career. Which may make him a bum also. Only time will tell.

ckparrothead said:
What today showed me was that Joey fans don't get to complain about popped up interceptions anymore because he's certainly collecting on the bail-out TDs.

Brady is having his worst season as a pro. Those that follow and analyze the Patriots closely, know this for truth.

That may be true but if the only team Brady had ever faced in his career was the Dolphins, he would be out of the league by now. We own himn like no other team and as for the bailout TDs that wasnt an incredible catch that was simply one you got to be willing to take a hit and fight for.

Ricky Brown said:
The whole team is streaky. The last 2 years have been rough as a fin fan. Today however...is pure enjoyment. F the Patsies!

((((APPLAUSE)))))) !!! Here here -- well said ! :wink:

Not to be a wet blanket, but Joey did miss a wide open Chris Chambers which would have gone for six and he was bailed out with his overthrow to Welker by a penalty.

However, I am willing to admit that his mistakes were limited to incompletions as opposed to interceptions. thus, the difference between winning and losing. Excellent perofrmance by Booker and the defense. A wonderful win today.

I will admit that I am a Joey Basher. But today, Joey did somethin very important that played a huge roll in our win.... he didnt throw any interceptions. Nick Saban said in his post game interview that joey threw it away when no one was there and didnt make poor decisions. He isnt a guy that can go out there and win a game, but hes on a team that all he has to do is manage the game and not turn the ball over. If he does that, this team can win a lot of games.

The Harrington debate will go back and fourth every week with his ups and downs. This week the supporters get to gloat. Next week it will probably be the other way around. He's got to do it consistantly every week before anyone can say he's worthy of starting 16 games for this team!

adamprez2003 said:
That may be true but if the only team Brady had ever faced in his career was the Dolphins, he would be out of the league by now. We own himn like no other team and as for the bailout TDs that wasnt an incredible catch that was simply one you got to be willing to take a hit and fight for.

It was a poor decision, but even poorer defense by Hawkins. The ball actually hit Hawkins FIRST before it dribbled into Booker's hands.

On the other hand, that deep pass to Booker where Booker really made an incredible catch, was an incredibly well thrown ball.

I know the difference, I can see the difference, I'm perfectly capable of giving Harrington credit when credit is due, and I still say that TD was a bail-out TD.

There was also another play where I smirked when I realized that Joey's inability to throw an accurate ball actually bailed out his inability to make safe decisions with the football...when he misfired on that pass to Booker where the announcer even commented that Asante Samuel was ready to undercut and intercept the ball.

Do good QBs do these things once in a while? Absolutely. But Joey does them too often to be considered a good QB.

thecoordinator said:

He needs to be coached. He was coached up today and he responded well. Something he hasn't had since he entered the league. He throws a pretty nice ball and he has decent mobility. He also didn't get a lot of work with the starting unit in TC.
Plummer was in the playoffs last year. Are you seriously going to tell me he is a playmaker?
How about Grossman? He looks even streakier than JH, and capable of having even more abysmal games than JH. How about Vick? How about Eli Manning? He's been streaky.

marinotoclayton said:
And I am sure If culpepper was still in there that we would be going to the playoffs right. And he would be making big plays.

culpepper sucks worse than harrington

i don't know the cap numbers but i'm guessing we will have close to 10 mil in backup QBs on the roster next year. gotta love a defensive head coach who is also the GM! (no, mueller is not the real GM, saban is)

ckparrothead said:
It was a poor decision, but even poorer defense by Hawkins. The ball actually hit Hawkins FIRST before it dribbled into Booker's hands.

On the other hand, that deep pass to Booker where Booker really made an incredible catch, was an incredibly well thrown ball.

I know the difference, I can see the difference, I'm perfectly capable of giving Harrington credit when credit is due, and I still say that TD was a bail-out TD.

There was also another play where I smirked when I realized that Joey's inability to throw an accurate ball actually bailed out his inability to make safe decisions with the football...when he misfired on that pass to Booker where the announcer even commented that Asante Samuel was ready to undercut and intercept the ball.

Do good QBs do these things once in a while? Absolutely. But Joey does them too often to be considered a good QB.

Most QB's in this league, including Manning and Brady throw balls up like that because they have faith in the receiver. That TD WAS NOT a bailout TD. That's a pathetic and lame argument to criticize JH with.

Here I am.

I have been a joey basher since he came here.
I will continue to bash him until he puts together four good years to make up for the past four pathetic years.
If all you want you QB to do is manage games you will end up as an average team who makes the playoffs once in a while and never goes deep into them.
A qb is the most important position on the team. He HAS to be a playmaker. PERIOD.

Hurray for you joey you didn't throw an int today. Hurray for you joey you scrambled for a few yards today.
He played decent and thats fine and dandy. I don't hate him, I do bash him.
I have always maintained that he is a decent qb, we need a good to great qb. may or may not be daunte, it ISN"T joey.

18/30 190 and 1 TD. not a bad line. I will give him credit.

But anybody who watched the game can attribute most of this one to our once again REDICULOUSLY OUTSTANDING DEFENSE.

Shout out to donnie jones for planting NE inside there own five on what, three different occasions??!! awesome special teams work today boys.

Matt roth and JT and ZT were just straight flattening people today I couldnt' believe how well we played. NE just looked lost on offense.

I like the thread you started though, because as I have mentioned previously all it takes is a game where joey doesn't throw an int. Maybe throws a few passes away and doesn't get sacked, and the joey supporters are lining up to post on here.

How about the overthrows all day. How about how stupid that scramble/shovel pass was. that could have easily been a turnover.
As long as we keep overthrowing receivers and throwing away potential TD's or field goals. We are gonna be in trouble. Our defense can't play out of there mind every week.

you asked where the joey bashers were, and I am one of em.

I'm not being a **** and trying to fight with you or anybody, but joey hasn't sold me on a damn thing yet. He hasn't sold a lot of people.
A game or two where he doesn decent does nothing for me.
NO I'm not waiting on the next marino... there will never be one. But tell me joey is good til your blue in the face... he's not.

He's a good backup.

jlfin said:
Most QB's in this league, including Manning and Brady throw balls up like that because they have faith in the receiver. That TD WAS NOT a bailout TD. That's a pathetic and lame argument to criticize JH with.

I respect your right to a different opinion on this, but considering how wrong you are I would think it wise to hold back on the "pathetic and lame" stuff.

Back
Top Bottom