Where are todays Joey bashers? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where are todays Joey bashers?

ManBearPig said:
I will admit that I am a Joey Basher. But today, Joey did somethin very important that played a huge roll in our win.... he didnt throw any interceptions. Nick Saban said in his post game interview that joey threw it away when no one was there and didnt make poor decisions. He isnt a guy that can go out there and win a game, but hes on a team that all he has to do is manage the game and not turn the ball over. If he does that, this team can win a lot of games.

Well said. He really didn't have any WTF throws today. I mean an overthrow here and there you can get over, it's usually the underthrows that get intercepted.

Dolfan984 said:
Well said. He really didn't have any WTF throws today. I mean an overthrow here and there you can get over, it's usually the underthrows that get intercepted.

I counted two bad decisions today that could have resulted in picks. On one, his poor accuracy bailed out his poor decision making. On the other, the ball dribbled through Hawkins' hands to Marty Booker for a TD.

That TD was a ball that if you absolutely grilled Nick Saban on, and got him to give you a straight up answer, he would tell you that they would advise Joey Harrington not to throw that ball in the future.

ckparrothead said:
I counted two bad decisions today that could have resulted in picks. On one, his poor accuracy bailed out his poor decision making. On the other, the ball dribbled through Hawkins' hands to Marty Booker for a TD.

That TD was a ball that if you absolutely grilled Nick Saban on, and got him to give you a straight up answer, he would tell you that they would advise Joey Harrington not to throw that ball in the future.

:shakeno:
:sleep::sleep::sleep:

Well considering the obsession Joey fans seem to have with throws that "could have" been big gains or touchdowns were it not for drops or penalties, etc...I don't think it's necessarily cheap to talk about instances where Joey made a poor decision.

Decisions are decisions. The result doesn't matter. Nick Saban says it all the time.

ckparrothead said:

:rolleyes:

:sidelol:

The reason people don't talk about Joey when he plays decent games is because even then, the offense doesn't score many points. He did play decent today, but that is about it. He still doesn't look to throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield. And when he does, it is inaccurate more than often. While our defense is very good, they aren't good enough for us to win consistently while our offense is ineffective.

thecoordinator said:
harrington is a bum. he is not a playmaker. watch the playoffs. the teams there will have QBs that are capable of making big plays. the only big plays harrington has ever made are for the other team. that's why he has more career INTs than TDs.

Also, please remember the fact he played his first 4 years with the pathetic franchise knows as the Detroit Lions...

jlfin said:
Most QB's in this league, including Manning and Brady throw balls up like that because they have faith in the receiver. That TD WAS NOT a bailout TD. That's a pathetic and lame argument to criticize JH with.

The QB's job is to get the ball there, its the WR's job to make the catch. Which is exactly what Booker did. He did what he's supposed to, so did Joey.

ckparrothead said:
Well considering the obsession Joey fans seem to have with throws that "could have" been big gains or touchdowns were it not for drops or penalties, etc...I don't think it's necessarily cheap to talk about instances where Joey made a poor decision.

Decisions are decisions. The result doesn't matter. Nick Saban says it all the time.

Just to make sure I'm clear. I respect most of what you post CK. However, normally you back your post with facts, not "could haves". Today Joey played a good game. I guess it is a compliment to Joey that non-supporters are digging deep this week. :D

Joey earned his FUTURE qb spot today. :dolphins:

Joey has won what, 5 of his last 6 against some pretty good or at least decent teams (minus Detroit). I think he is better suited for this offensive scheme than Culpepper, much like Booker is a better suited WR for this offense than Chambers. I don't need to see flashy players and numbers every week, and cute little endzone celebrations, what I like to see is wins. And, with this team, Joey is producing them, against some good teams. I'm not saying he's singlehandedly the cause for the wins, but he does play well in them. I don't see why people want to bail on him when he genuinely IS getting better each week. I'd rather not switch back QBs yet again at the start of next season. It ruins any chemistry the team is gaining now winning these games.

ckparrothead said:
I respect your right to a different opinion on this, but considering how wrong you are I would think it wise to hold back on the "pathetic and lame" stuff.

I don't understand your response. I think singling out that TD pass to Booker as a reason to criticize JH is pathetic and lame.
There are stronger reasons than that to criticize JH. He has certainly made poor decisions in other games, however, I will defend any player when I think the criticism is unfair and biased.
So the one who is wrong is you.

jlfin said:
I don't understand your response. I think singling out that TD pass to Booker as a reason to criticize JH is pathetic and lame.
There are stronger reasons than that to criticize JH. He has certainly made poor decisions in other games, however, I will defend any player when I think the criticism is unfair and biased.
So the one who is wrong is you.

What, we can't make VALID criticisms and observations because you don't understand them? That's rich. :lol:

ckparrothead said:

Nicely said CK.The result doesn't alway tell the whole story. It's the same thing as the touchdown to Chambers vs. Chicago. The ball should've been picked but Chris made a hell of a play. If you guys think that today shields Joey's performance from last week, you're way off. What did he do that was so impressive today? Again, the defense won another ball game for us.

Ricky Brown said:
Just to make sure I'm clear. I respect most of what you post CK. However, normally you back your post with facts, not "could haves". Today Joey played a good game. I guess it is a compliment to Joey that non-supporters are digging deep this week. :D

It's a matter of how you choose to look at it. I view each throw as a decision and execution. How was the decision, and how was the execution.

On that one incomplete to Booker, his execution and his decision were both bad.

On that TD to Booker his decision was bad but his execution was good.

On other plays he executed well but the play ended up bad.

On the Chambers pop-up he had a good decision and good execution...but the play ended up in a pick anyway.

On the other hand, on the three other pop-up picks his decisions were good, but the execution was bad...and the plays ended with picks.

Considering everyone keeps talking about what "could have" been w/ regard to those four pop-up interceptions (ie. "if it hits your hands you should catch it") then I don't see why anyone makes a big thing about me talking about poor decisions that "could have" resulted in interceptions.

i am a joey basher, i am right here. new computer i bought that is why i havent been on

first off the the win was awesome i was glad to see brady crying like a *****

joey had a good game, the problem with joey is he has the talent but he can never put 2 great games together, that is why he is a backup

he missed a lot of open recievers today

and lets not start the whole joey is god and lead the team bs again

it was a team effort, the defense and ST gave us the chance to win as long as joey could limit mistakes

nice win for the dolphins

Back
Top Bottom