Where are todays Joey bashers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where are todays Joey bashers?

brandon27

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Just curious... because there were a thousand threads last week during a poor team effort where he threw two picks.

I'm not even going to come close to saying Joey is the answer, but you really do have to look at his performance this week, compared to last and go... wow... who sat him down and taught him to play QB with some intelligence? didnt take stupid sacks, didnt make many stupid throws, made smart decisions, made some nice plays, threw it away when he was in trouble, or nobody was open... he actually played like a QB should today. Lets face it, he's not as bad as everyone says and thinks. He'll be a good QB for someone, somewhere, sometime.

I guess its just another one of those situations eh? When he has a decent game, lets not talk about him. When he has an off game, throws a few picks, lets get on him... even if they win.

I dont get it. While i'd like to see more improvement from him. He's a Dolphin this year. He's our starter now. He's the guy we need to get behind and support, not trash!

Great win today though!

Harrington is streaky. This isn't new or news.

Can we at least wait until Tuesday before we start the usual sniping around here?

Desides said:

Can we at least wait until Tuesday before we start the usual sniping around here?

thats true. he is. but, i had the unfortunate pleasantry of having to see alot of his games in Detroit, seeing as I live across the river from it... Ive never seen him play that intelligently before. I was surprised for sure. Like... he just... threw that away? are you kidding me!! he knows how to do that? hah

Desides said:

The whole team is streaky. The last 2 years have been rough as a fin fan. Today however...is pure enjoyment. F the Patsies!

I still don't see joey as long term answer yet. Also culpepper is just as questionable.

I think they said last week that Joey is yet to have good back-to-back games im a joey basher myself but im man enough to admit that he had a hell of a game today good job Joey

Joey improves every week other than last week. but who knows, peyton only managed 17 points on that defense and look at his weapons as opposed to us. Joey's numbers arent the greatest but he's still improving which is really the point I think people have to give him. Whether he's where people want our QB to be is another argument but I think its beyond ridiculous to say he isnt improving and he's playing better than he ever had in Detroit. Props to our coaching staff for doing a great job with Joey

Dolfan99847 said:
I think they said last week that Joey is yet to have good back-to-back games im a joey basher myself but im man enough to admit that he had a hell of a game today good job Joey

You just made this thread worthwhile with that statement! Im not a huge supporter, or basher of Joey. He is what he is, like i said... I think he can be good... one he regains confidence in his ability. The last few weeks I read all the posts bashing him for throwing a pick or soemthing, and today he has a good game, and nobody wants to talk about it?? just trying to start an interesting conversation/debate though, and at least see if any joey bashers would do what you just did. so... good job!

I just want to see wins, I dont care who's at QB

Considering Harrington did not have the services of Brown (just like last week) he had an outstanding day leading the Dolphins to a win today. I know Morris' numbers ended up pretty good, but that had to do with some big runs in the final 10 minutes of the game. If I recall correctly, Morris/Minor had 18 rushes for 45 yards up to that point which is 2.5 yards per carry.

If Joey keeps playing like this the rest of the season, it will be hard to justify benching him for another QB. The team is getting competitive, and getting that tough personality with Joey. All the team wants him to do is manage the game, get the ball to the skill players, and limit turn overs. If he does that, the Dolphins are competitive with a chance at the playoffs and super bowl in the future.

Desides said:

You know who else is streaky? Tom Brady.. Not saying Harrington is even NEAR to Brady's level, but it is proof that good QBs can have bad games..

Harrington has not played as badly as Brady did today imo.

What's really funny is Harrington has outplayed just about every QB he's gone against in the last six games. Grossman, Huard, Johnson, Kitna and Brady.

SkapePhin said:
You know who else is streaky? Tom Brady.. Not saying Harrington is even NEAR to Brady's level, but it is proof that good QBs can have bad games..

Harrington has not played as badly as Brady did today imo.

True but you got to admit Miami's defense was on straight hit today.

Back
Top Bottom