Where are we getting all of this money??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where are we getting all of this money???

phinphanbill

Practice Squad
Reaction score
All this talk about Brunell and TO has me wondering where in the world all of this money is coming from and at what expense?

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2111292

I would expect Griese and Fiedler to get the axe for certain if you add Brunell - maybe even Sage (they've talked about the possiblity of three new QBs next year). And, I would expect Thompson and McKnight to be shown the door if you sign TO. But we would still be several millions over the cap. Who else is leaving?

Timbo?
Perry?
Marion?
Ruddy?
Ogunleye?
Wade?
Nails?

Deals can obviously be redone (Zach, Jason, Olindo, Patrick and Sammy). Is it possible to get all this done and not have some aspect of this team (the defense in particular) robbed of its talent?

I have to admit I like the sounds of TO, Ricky, Brunell, McMichael, Chambers and Konrad lining up against any defense in the league...even if it means Wade Smith, Billy Yates and Seth McKinney anchoring the offensive line (maybe Jerman and Whitley can step up...who knows).

Ogunleye RFA - may be someone we tender at 1.8 mil and hope we can get a 1st and 3rd - will be key to our draft for sure

Wade and Nails are UFA so not likely to be signed early on

We will likely tender Minor and Greenwood as well as Sage at least the min. tender to get picks for them at 3,3 and 4(?) respectively.

Timbo, Perry, Marion and Ruddy are all possible cap casualties along w/McK and DT as well.

But the big money s/come from guaranteeing money for JT, Zach and Pat and getting Sam to restructure his contract.

The 2 wild cards in this as well are Seau and Knight who are probably overpaid, especially Jr.

Timbo, Perry, Marion and Ruddy are all possible cap casualties

I don't agree with Timbo, but definitely the rest of those overpaid slackers.

Back
Top Bottom