Where Are We In The Turn...? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where Are We In The Turn...?

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
It is clear that, or course, we have not made the full turn toward being a true contender in the league. No one can argue with that fact. But where are we in that turn?

Are we not yet there - are we (1) just about to make that turn, (2) just turning the bend, or are we (3) at (or just a bit over) the midway point in that turn?

I vote for the the third (3) viewpoint. I think we are a few more pieces away from turning (finally!) into a championship caliber squad. Twenty-fourteen (2014) being the season that ignites the Dolphins onto the road to the playoffs and beyond....

(important: my viewpoint is in place if, and only if, we pick up some solid FAs and have a stellar draft. Otherwise I will pick the number two (2) viewpoint as my option)

You? - - > :confused:

I will vote Turning the Bend. We are close but, I don't ******* want us to go in reverse and not make the turn capeche. We need to push for the division this year and make a playoff appearance. We also cannot repeat can NOT go backwards if we regress we will not be a great team and we will be a long way away from making that turn. We have some of the pieces we just need a few more and we will be contenders consistently.

They need to add at least one difference maker on Defense and TWO on offense.

I define "true competitor" to mean that we have all the pieces in place to make a legitimate run at a Super Bowl championship. In my opinion we need to upgrade or replace at ten different positions to meet this criteria: OT, OG, OG, WR, WR, TE, DE, LB, CB, CB. I believe we are in category 1, just about to make the turn.

Obviously we're not going to hit on ten positions in one draft/free agency period. Given our front office's recent draft history, I believe we are three to four years away from a legitimate shot at a Super Bowl championship.

Are we not yet there - are we (1) just about to make that turn, (2) just turning the bend, or are we (3) at (or just a bit over) the midway point in that turn?

:confused:

We're on I95 about to get off on the 79th street exit

We are in year #2 of Tannehill's career. Expect growth then we can have the playoffs. No growth....:boohoo:

It all hinges on the QB IMO. We can be a contender if RT takes a big step this year in his development. If he doesn't then we are going to be a 5-8 win team. We just don't have enough talent on the roster to carry our QB - it has to be the other way around. We'll find out this year if RT can be "the guy". I'm optimistic he can!

Back
Top Bottom