Where do you think our D and O will rank in 2005? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where do you think our D and O will rank in 2005?

ChambersNBoston

Dan Marino is a God
Reaction score
I think we will rank top 5 in D...4th...and rank somewhere in the middle for offense...im guessing 16th or 20th...what do you guys thinks?

Pretty early for speculating without knowing all the players, but I think we will be a top 10 defense, 8th maybe, and I agree with a middle of the road offense. I think we have the horses if AJ or Gus has a solid year to be a top 5 offense.

Like the name Fakespike13, lol. Just loved that play. Still laugh to this day.

Top 10 for defense.

Could be top 15 or 10 for offense. It all depends on AJ and how our O-line adjusts. If he's truly horrible we'll be in the 20-25 range.

I appreciate the spirit of the thread, but I want to point out something that pisses me off (not anyone's fault here, BTW). Total defense and total offense are measured by yards, not points. Dumbest thing ever. Points, not yards, determine the outcome of a game.

So, that in mind, I think we'll rank 20th in scoring offense, and 8th in scoring defense.

dolfan59 said:
Pretty early for speculating without knowing all the players, but I think we will be a top 10 defense, 8th maybe, and I agree with a middle of the road offense. I think we have the horses if AJ or Gus has a solid year to be a top 5 offense.

I agree with that. I don't know until the D line gets settled on tackles about a top 5 D. Also with one corner spot not so sure and Madison is aging, although he may have a great year now that he's the "man" again!

Middle offense would be a fair estimate too.

phunwin said:
I appreciate the spirit of the thread, but I want to point out something that pisses me off (not anyone's fault here, BTW). Total defense and total offense are measured by yards, not points. Dumbest thing ever. Points, not yards, determine the outcome of a game.

So, that in mind, I think we'll rank 20th in scoring offense, and 8th in scoring defense.

Ive always had a problem with that...

Well, let's see...

Dolphins O 2nd in AFC behind only Indy
4th in NFL

Dolphins D 6th in AFC
12th in NFL

The passing game will be unbeleivable, we will light up the bills and jets both times we play them. The Pats are gonna get run over here in Miami, but probably take the home game from us with some idiodic call by a partial official (always seems to happen).

With our receiving corp. a strong and aggressive plan by Saban and the NFL wanting receivers to have complete freedom and not be touched by defenders look for a lot of shocked faces this year after the dolphins look like the dolphins of old, not saying Feeley is a Marino by any means, but Marino NEVER had a cast like this around him.

Back
Top Bottom