Where does Robert Hunt land in PFF's 2023 guard rankings? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where does Robert Hunt land in PFF's 2023 guard rankings?

I suspect he's going to have his best season to date. Hard not to conclude that honestly but given its a contract year you'd expect him to bring everything he's got.

Right now i'd say its 50/50 that he's back in 2024.
Well, there are some clowns that think Hunt is total crap, among the worst guards in the league, going so far as to say he shouldn't even be retained.

During this time, there are a lot of conversations surrounding the best players in the league at each position. Pro Football Focus’ Gordon McGuinness recently released their offensive guard rankings ahead of the 2023 season. While there are 64 starting guards in the league, McGuinness ranked only 32, so it’s no surprise that the Dolphins only had one representative in Robert Hunt, who came in at No. 17.

The #17 ranking of all NFL OG's by PFF is good but he was #12 last year and I believe he will be top 10 this season.

Those thinking he is not good should be spending time reading and learning, NOT posting.

Well, there are some clowns that think Hunt is total crap, among the worst guards in the league, going so far as to say he shouldn't even be retained.

Gun to my head I would say right now that he isn't retained. Similar to Laken Tomlinson's departure from San Fran, the OG's are the first guys to go once you start paying premium positions. Not entirely sure what the compensatory value was just for him as they received a lot of picks and there isn't a clear break down that I can find. We should get at least a 4th rounder though, especially with a few other guys who won't be back.

I think it'll come down to a Williams or Hunt decision and they'll go with the one who's likely to be cheaper in Connor Williams, especially if he has a clean year snapping.

I am not losing Christian Wilkins and Zach Seiler to sign both Hunt and Williams. We are already replacing Emmanuel Ogbah and Raekwon Davis on the DL next year and adding Wilkins to that will be a scary proposition.

The order I'd sign them based on what they are will likely to get paid: 1. Wilkins, 2. Williams, 3. Seiler, 4. Hunt.

The 2024 OL situation is nauseating to think about. It may be 11 months away but I'd put a decent amount of money right now betting our first round pick is an OL in 2024. Wouldn't shock me if we went OT and OG with our first two picks next year but you gotta work in a DL somewhere.

Last edited:
Eichenberg's failure is compounded even more by the fact that they moved up to get him and could have stayed where they were and taken Creed Humphrey.

Double ouch.

Maybe he figures it out this year, hopefully one of him and AJ step up because with the addition of Wynn you will be talking about a functional OL, which would be nice.

Eichenberg's failure is compounded even more by the fact that they moved up to get him and could have stayed where they were and taken Creed Humphrey.

Double ouch.

Maybe he figures it out this year, hopefully one of him and AJ step up because with the addition of Wynn you will be talking about a functional OL, which would be nice.

That's what I'm thinking. We really need one of those guys to start in 2024.

AJ, Wynn, Eichenberg…..in order of likelihood to happen.

It would be nice to have Williams, Hunt & heck even Jackson back at the right ticket. The last two have massively improved and now as they find their groove some would consider moving on?

Grier better remind himself how difficult it's been to find solid line play. Continuity would be nice... honestly the only one I wouldn't keep around is Armstead because he cannot be relied upon. Oof but his contract must make this difficult.
I would love to change my mind and see him play an entire season, at the most missing 1-3 games.

We shall see. Best solution in my eyes is continue to draft and find gems to solidify depth, potential starters!

That's what I'm thinking. We really need one of those guys to start in 2024.

AJ, Wynn, Eichenberg…..in order of likelihood to happen.
My thinking is that if AJ can win the RT job then Wynn can slot in at LG and make what should be a pretty solid OL, especially by Dolphin standards.

And Wynn can move to LT for the 3-4 games that Armstead misses.

There is still time(and soon some Cap Cash)to add another OL once guys start getting cut and Dan Feeney could beat out LE at LG as well.

I wish I had any confidence in Liam but he has just not earned it.

We will have to resign Hunt as Grier hasn't proven he can draft the line sadly.
Armstead and Williams cover up alongside Hunt for the failures of A.J and Eichenberg.
They once again are given a chance to prove themselves without any true competition.

We will have to resign Hunt as Grier hasn't proven he can draft the line sadly.
Armstead and Williams cover up alongside Hunt for the failures of A.J and Eichenberg.
They once again are given a chance to prove themselves without any true competition.
I don't believe that is accurate. We did bring in competition.

Back
Top Bottom