Where does Robert Hunt land in PFF's 2023 guard rankings? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where does Robert Hunt land in PFF's 2023 guard rankings?

He is a slightly above average guard, which to some on here means he should be a pro bowler and be paid as such. He is just like any other player who is above average and should be paid as such or let go period.
Hunt being #12 of 64 starting OGs in the NFL is far from "slightly above average," Have you even watched him play?

Eichenberg's failure is compounded even more by the fact that they moved up to get him and could have stayed where they were and taken Creed Humphrey.

Double ouch.

Maybe he figures it out this year, hopefully one of him and AJ step up because with the addition of Wynn you will be talking about a functional OL, which would be nice.
I hated that pick. I thought it was a poor evaluation from the beginning. I felt Eich had no chance to be a RT at the next level. And I wouldn't have traded up for what I hoped might be a decent G one day. To top it off, Humphrey was a much better player and such a perfect fit at a position of need.

Hunt being #12 of 64 starting OGs in the NFL is far from "slightly above average," Have you even watched him play?
I watched him play the entire year and all of his career here. He is far from a dominant player, he is slightly above average. Rankings as a whole really don't mean anything to me because they fail miserably short of telling the whole story. He plays serviceable for us, which makes him look all pro compared to what else we have here besides Williams and Armstead. The whole OL is still pretty much a crap show, especially when Armstead is out.

Regarding Hunt, I see him as a bit inconsistent. He has some dominant, highlight level plays, but he also whiffs more than the other OL starters (even Eich or AJ). I rewatched every game last year (actually every year) at least once to focus on the OL. IMO most of run blocking failures were from the TE position (mostly Smythe), but next was Hunt. (Just among starters, I'm not including the back-up Ts Little, Shell and Lamm). But that doesn't make him a bad G. In fact, I'd probably rate as a top 25 or so G.

I watched him play the entire year and all of his career here. He is far from a dominant player, he is slightly above average. Rankings as a whole really don't mean anything to me because they fail miserably short of telling the whole story. He plays serviceable for us, which makes him look all pro compared to what else we have here besides Williams and Armstead. The whole OL is still pretty much a crap show, especially when Armstead is out.

I have watched tape of the OL for every game for more than 10 years in addition to paying for PFF elite for more detailed info, You are just wrong.
Most who say they watched any player every game mean within the context of the game with all other players and see high and low lights only,

The rank and grades tell all there is available and is light years ahead of what a fan watching games sees. True story.

Regarding Hunt, I see him as a bit inconsistent. He has some dominant, highlight level plays, but he also whiffs more than the other OL starters (even Eich or AJ). I rewatched every game last year (actually every year) at least once to focus on the OL. IMO most of run blocking failures were from the TE position (mostly Smythe), but next was Hunt. (Just among starters, I'm not including the back-up Ts Little, Shell and Lamm). But that doesn't make him a bad G. In fact, I'd probably rate as a top 25 or so G.

I watched the same and agree to a point on the run, He does need to step it up but, would not put him 2nd if failures. Top 25 is your view and not a bad one. I have him higher and expect more this second year of our ZBS.

EDIT- You may be right in Hunt making the second most mistakes on the run as he played roughly twice as many snaps than anyone other than Williams who was our best on the run.

Last edited:
I have watched tape of the OL for every game for more than 10 years in addition to paying for PFF elite for more detailed info, You are just wrong.
Most who say they watched any player every game mean within the context of the game with all other players and see high and low lights only,

The rank and grades tell all there is available and is light years ahead of what a fan watching games sees. True story.
To be fair, you’re the same guy who argued up and down how superior the grading scale PFF uses for sacks is and you understood it so well then failed to realize that the only difference is they don’t award 1/2 sacks.

I would be a little more aware to stop drinking your own koolaid if I was you.

To be fair, you’re the same guy who argued up and down how superior the grading scale PFF uses for sacks is and you understood it so well then failed to realize that the only difference is they don’t award 1/2 sacks.

I would be a little more aware to stop drinking your own koolaid if I was you.

That is simply not true. I initially said that PFF graded by different standards and they and the NFL were right in their own point of view. I failed to realize nothing but became a senseless debate which I answered with a well received PFF run down.

Look it up, as you should have done before posting. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. :cool:

That is simply not true. I initially said that PFF graded by different standards and they and the NFL were right in their own point of view. I failed to realize nothing but became a senseless debate which I answered with a well received PFF run down.

Look it up, as you should have done before posting. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. :cool:
You embarrassed yourself enough in that thread. Sorry I brought it up I just couldn’t help myself.

You embarrassed yourself enough in that thread. Sorry I brought it up I just couldn’t help myself.

Simply not true, I asked you to look it up and IF you did you would know better. Perhaps you did see and are trying to save face over a pathetic accusation. Show everyone what you found. I know you are dead wrong and look forward to your futile attempt to prove anything different.

Simply not true, I asked you to look it up and IF you did you would know better. Perhaps you did see and are trying to save face over a pathetic accusation. Show everyone what you found. I know you are dead wrong and look forward to your futile attempt to prove anything different.
Don't start another senseless arguement. You get hurt feelings way too easy when ppl disagree. Last two times you blew up in a hissy fit, and disappeared for while.

You are a good poster, with valid opinions, but that doesn't mean you are always right, or that there even is a right.

By the way, @Atila is correct about the half sack descrepensy. Stop trying to use the "go back And look" nonsense/defense. You did that with that situation, and ended up hanging by your own rope of false statements.

Last edited:
I don’t think he’s great however in this league it’s hard to find an average to above average lineman. Finding 5 of them is nearly impossible. Don’t make it any harder and bring him back, it’s a no brainer assuming he doesn’t want like 18 million a year

Not a lot of young 6’6” 325lb human beings roaming the planet with 3-years of very good NFL RG starts (with position flexibility), who are injury-free, and about to enter the prime of their careers.

He’s not perfect, but he’s talented and coachable. He can reach his full potential in this system. He’s in a market to sign a new contract with an 8-figure AAV.

Rob is going to get paid.

Last edited:
I watched the same and agree to a point on the run, He does need to step it up but, would not put him 2nd if failures. Top 25 is your view and not a bad one. I have him higher and expect more this second year of our ZBS.

EDIT- You may be right in Hunt making the second most mistakes on the run as he played roughly twice as many snaps than anyone other than Williams who was our best on the run.
Hunt has struggled with situational mistakes his entire career. He isn’t a guy that wins as a run blocker with hand technique or footwork. As a pass blocker he struggles with delayed pressures like stunts or twists. To clarify, I think he is a consistent, above average player. He is one of the players I view as on the edge of taking the next step. Hopefully our staff can continue to coach him up in year 2 under McDaniel.

Pff is wrong Phillips only had 7 sacks in 2022.
Not true. PFF by it's guidelines is 100% right and your source by it's different guidelines is also right.

This is what I posted as I said was posted before the issue was pushed forcing the escalation. That should have been the end as most posters know and all mods "should" know. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom