Where Have They Been??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where Have They Been???

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
Defense:

I'll list defense because that's where all the money is.....

DE J. Taylor - Where has he been??....He had 18 sacks last year. Right now, after 15 weeks, he's got 7. I don't want to hear about him being double teamed either. He was double all last season as well, and still managed to break 10 sacks with ease. He's been a big disappointment this season IMO. For a guy who gets almost all of the "headlines" on this defense, he's been pure "supporting act" material thsi year IMO......

S B. Marion - This guy makes me sick. He's worthless. Isn't he suppose to be the deepest man on the field?? If so, where has he been???....He's been gtting torched all season long.

S S. Knight - I though this guy was going to make a big differnce in our run and pass defense. He's done well in run support, but he's been less than impressive in coverage. After seeing what R. Harrison has done this year in NE, S. Knight has been somewhat of a disappointmentin comparison....

DB S. Madison - Done. He's been toasted repeatedly over the last two seasons. I no longer have confidence in his coverage skills....

DT T. Bowens - He's getting old. He's never really been anything more than a run stuffer either. I like TB, but for the money, he's not worth it. You've got DT's all over the NFL who make less, and are more productive.....

Grill me if you want to, but out of the players listed above, JT has clearly been the biggest disappointment this year IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Taylor I believe has 9 sacks.

Sammy Knight has had a GREAT season. If you want a SS that can cover people....you mentioned the wrong guy.....Rodney Harrison can't cover anybody. S. Knight actually has been our best aquisition.

other than that, i agree with most of your post.

Tim Bowens? Hey, newsflash..Have you noticed a difference when Bowens is in, and when he isnt in? You'd be the only one, if you dont.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Tim Bowens? Hey, newsflash..Have you noticed a difference when Bowens is in, and when he isnt in? You'd be the only one, if you dont.

I notice a difference, but not much of one. I never said he wasn't a good run stuffer, I just said that's all he is...;)

He's not getting any younger either....

Madison and Marion has really hurt this year as well as the O's ability to seemedly lock up anyone, inc. Marvin Harrison, on Zach Thomas. Zach is good, maybe even great, but a MLB s/not be left alone so often ag very fast players, i.e. pass to Westbrook for TD.

JT is still as good as anyone we will get. Knight has played well in his role as has Jr; and we cannot stop the run w/o Tim Bo.

Personally, I am sick of this D after all these failed years and w/not mind a Jim Johnson / Dom Capers type at DC who can mess w/the other teams' O via scheme rather than rely on the players to make sooo many plays on their own

Originally posted by dolphan39
JT is still as good as anyone we will get, and we cannot stop the run w/o Tim Bo.

How do we know if we don't make changes???....

I think there are just too many fans who are afraid of changes in order to find out. Remember when we dumped DT D. Gardener???

There were countless Phinz fans who claimed that move to be a mistake when it first happened. Today, it's old news that nobody even discusses anymore.....Why???

Answer : He was replacable. Just like any other player....

I have to agree with Blitz on Sammy Knight
When we brought this guy in, I thought we'd get the player i'd seen these last years with the Saints..
Someone with a nose for the ball who punishes players coming over the middle...and i mean punish...Also very good in run support..
I havnt seen much of that...
As for Timbo[/B, I don't know if he's disappointing...This guy has been with the Fins for so many years and it seems as all those years hes been the one doing the dirty work in the trenches...He doesnt get much recognition...but if we are to turn a new page he will have to leave his place to someone who can put pressure up the middle...Zgonina was very active and i wouldnt mind him starting next year...
Then comes Sam Madison[/B...This guy was absolutely brilliant for 2 years and he's regressed a bit since...What people tend to forget is that this guy has never been good against the run...The main problem is it is extremely hard to find a good corner in today's NFL...Teams are drafting corners like crazy hoping to get something...Sam is a proven commodity, if he's willing to take a paycut we should stick with him.. ]

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

How do we know if we don't make changes???....

I think there are just too many fans who are afraid of changes in order to find out. Remember when we dumped DT D. Gardener???

There were countless Phinz fans who claimed that move to be a mistake when it first happened. Today, it's old news that nobody even discusses anymore.....Why???

Answer : He was replacable. Just like any other player....

Revisionist history there. Not many people were concerned when he was dropped because he was a DEFENSIVE END to us at that point. The real worry was in having an unknown quantity in Larry Chester at the time.

Back
Top Bottom