Where the Miami Dolphins stand on offense, what’s ahead and who’s at risk of being cut | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where the Miami Dolphins stand on offense, what’s ahead and who’s at risk of being cut

Ballage averaged a horrible 1.8 per carry, while Laird averaged a bad 2.7 per carry. I don't think either should feel safe at this point, I'm just saying if the staff thought they saw enough in Ballage 8 months ago to start him they might not drop him off the roster based on 74 carriers behind a poor line. Maybe fans are right and Ballage has an issue with vision and seeing rushing lanes, but maybe that will be less of an issue once there are more lanes to be found.
I get what you're saying but if you watch tape and breakdown of him, he had opportunities and made the wrong decision's more times than naught. I think his days are numbered, if we draft a back, he's definitely gone. If the RB coach is worth his salt, he had to see it too.

What? No way man, he played his *** off and we signed his ex coordinator from his most successful time in the NFL
He's in his late 30s, he was signed to be beaten out. The youngsters behind him may not manage it, but if they come to camp and legitimately beat him out... he has no real future with the team.

I'm not predicting this... merely posing it as a possibility. Older players always have one foot out of the door.

I think there’s an outside shot that fitz would be let go in the preseason but rosen and rookie draft pick would have to really show well.

But this covid thing and the almost given impact it will have on teams ability to get qbs reps etc in their offense before the regular season if and when we have pro football is gonna have a lot of teams leaning on familiarity at qb in the offense.

So odds are even lower I’d say

Should be cute because of salary or performance:
Wilson, Hurns
Davenport. Ballage

Fitzpatrick is as safe as anyone on this roster.

2020: Fitzpatrick, Rosen, Tua
2021: Tua, Rosen

He's in his late 30s, he was signed to be beaten out. The youngsters behind him may not manage it, but if they come to camp and legitimately beat him out... he has no real future with the team.

I'm not predicting this... merely posing it as a possibility. Older players always have one foot out of the door.

Then he went on to lead the team to five more wins than expected out of sheer force of will. The starting job is his unless Rosen or a rookie comes in and plays lights out.

Most of the cuts should come from OL. OL that will be kept from last year and FA.

Dieter G/c
Flowers G/T
Jesse Davis G/T
Karras C/G
Maybe Davenport
Maybe Calhoun G

4 slots open to be filled mostly at OT and center

Most of the cuts should come from OL. OL that will be kept from last year and FA.

Dieter G/c
Flowers G/T
Jesse Davis G/T
Karras C/G
Maybe Davenport
Maybe Calhoun G

4 slots open to be filled mostly at OT and center
That’s a sad list. Lots of work to be done on OL.

This kid really needs snaps in order to see what we REALLY have with this kid before we give up on him. I know that everybody wants to play with the incoming shiny new toy when he may already be right under our nose.........

You will be saying that next year as well around this time.

Back
Top Bottom