Where Things Went Wrong For Ryan Tannehill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where Things Went Wrong For Ryan Tannehill

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
I wasn't going to publish this until he was cut, but I think the timing meshes up well give three of his former teammates spitting on his grave. I think it's only fitting that I'm the one that dumps the final shovel of dirt of his Dolphins grave, so I looked at the mental processing short comings, the signs from previous coaches, and now the disparaging words of OV, Mike Wallace, and Sean Smith.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/where-things-went-wrong-for-ryan-tannehill-in-miami/

143445646.0.jpg

It was later revealed that Lazor often put together his game plans without the input of his starting quarterback – a rather mind-boggling approach in a league driven by preparation.

In hindsight, seven years in, Lazor was right.
What? Putting the plan together without your QB and then expecting the QB to carry out that plan? Yeah, brilliant idea.

Joe Philbin, Zac Taylor, Bill Lazor, Clyde Christensen, Adam Gase, Dowell Loggains...he got all those Hall of Fame coaches fired. Thank God. Another year of Gase and Burke? If Tannehill is responsible for saving us from that, build him a statue.

Nothing went wrong with Tannehill. Dude was drafted, played hard, did not get it done. His window expired.

The fault lies with the idiot GM, Chris Grier for keeping him too long. For not getting Mahomes, Wentz, Watson, last year Rudolph, for NOT REBUILDING!!! He is an idiot!

He needed to get the QB, on time. Be vigilant, urgent, diligent, get to it without delays! He needed to hire the best defensive coordinator on time!! Not three years too late, and then a first year HC and first year DC! Not three years too late and then we will wait one more year, take a vacation, so he can parade his face on TV and popularize himself as a the Tua drafter, like Tua is the only one who can play quarterback.

It's unbelievable this guy has a job. And then they want to talk about the culture change. Start there, fire this idiot! Get someone who gets it and gets things done now.

I think it was a combination of the QB and the coaches too. I was a supporter but I wanted us to draft a QB 3 years ago and yet Gase put all the eggs in one basket. It's been time to move on for a few years now.

It's been said before, but Tannehill was pretty good when everything clicked around him. He was never the type to say "I'm gonna win this game now. Follow me." The only time I remember him doing something like that was the game at the Rams a couple years ago where the offense looked like absolute garbage for the entire game before Tanny and DVP took over and we scored a couple straight tds to win 14-10. I just think some things are coachable and others aren't. He just never had the it factor that some guys just seem to come into the league with. The line was garbage most of the time, but Ryan had that lack of awareness in the pocket that never really seemed to improve permanently. Seems like a good dude, but what do we know? Looks like a good handful of explayers (and perhaps current) don't care for him. I'm 100% for moving on now.

its a tough call on him. Now that Teddy is off the list, he is the only starting QB out there. Are we really going to go into the season with Falk, Fales, Rudock, Osweiler, and a rookie? Either way we lose 13 million. May as well keep him and tell him to take a pay cut. He knows he wont start anywhere else.

What? Putting the plan together without your QB and then expecting the QB to carry out that plan? Yeah, brilliant idea.

Joe Philbin, Zac Taylor, Bill Lazor, Clyde Christensen, Adam Gase, Dowell Loggains...he got all those Hall of Fame coaches fired. Thank God. Another year of Gase and Burke? If Tannehill is responsible for saving us from that, build him a statue.

We finally found something we can hold him accountable for?

its a tough call on him. Now that Teddy is off the list, he is the only starting QB out there. Are we really going to go into the season with Falk, Fales, Rudock, Osweiler, and a rookie? Either way we lose 13 million. May as well keep him and tell him to take a pay cut. He knows he wont start anywhere else.
Fales and Osweiler are free agents.

Back
Top Bottom